From Guild Wars 2 Wiki
Trinkets are pieces of equipment that can be assigned to an equipment slot in the hero panel. Trinkets can be equipped by all Professions.
 Trinket Slots
There are in total 6 trinket slots:
- One amulet slot where an amulet or necklace may be equipped.
- Two ring slots where rings may be equipped.
- One back slot where items such as a cape or backpack may be equipped.
- Two accessory slots where items such as earrings may be equipped.
- Purchased from a merchant.
- Crafted through the discipline of the jeweler.
- Dropped by a foe as loot.
- Obtained from the character's main quest line.
See also: Equipment acquisition by stats
 Upgrade components
- Back items are different from the other trinkets in two ways:
- Back items can break and have the same repair costs as armor.
- Some back items may be displayed; no other trinkets affect character appearance.
- During structured PvP, players use a single amulet (equipped as a necklace) that functions as a combination of all trinkets; players cannot use other accessories.