Wintersday: The Wondrous Workshop of Toymaker Tixx
- This article is about the release. For the achievement category, see The Wondrous Workshop of Toymaker Tixx.
The nights may be long and dark, but Tyrians of all races keep joy alive during the ancient holiday of Wintersday. While each race celebrates Wintersday in their own unique way, children all over Tyria share a common love of one thing: toys.
This year the city of Lion’s Arch will host the asuran Toymaker Tixx as their special Wintersday guest of honor. Before Tixx arrives in Lion’s Arch in his massive airship toy workshop, he’ll visit every major city in Tyria to deliver Wintersday toys and holiday cheer.
— Official website
Wintersday: The Wondrous Workshop of Toymaker Tixx is the Wintersday 2012 release that was live from December 14th, 2012 through January 3rd, 2013. The content involved the Toymaker Tixx and his massive airship toy workshop, which visited every major city in Tyria. It is the second holiday event to occur in Guild Wars 2. A short teaser was released prior to the event.
- See also: Game updates/2012-12-14
- Temporary features
- Wintersday 2012 event
- Mysterious Presents spawn in all zones
- A special event for the game release
- New Wintersday items in the Gem Store: Wintersday Mystery Boxes, Festive Town Clothes, Winter's weapon skins
- A new jumping puzzle: Winter Wonderland
- New Wintersday activities: Snowball Mayhem, Bell Choir, and Toypocalypse
- New Wintersday dungeon: Tixx's Infinirarium
- WvW siege weapons will become Wintersday themed
- New Wintersday PvP finishers
- Wintersday themed mini events scattered around the world
- Permanent features
- 6 new crafting materials (snowflakes) and 275 new crafting recipes, including Wintersday recipes the new Giver's attribute combination
- Breakout events in World versus World
- /rank emote
- New currency: Pristine Fractal Relics
- Ascended rings added to Fractal merchant
- Collection slots for Rare and Festive materials
 Tixx's schedule
|Location||Date||PST||EST (NA)||GMT||CET||IRST||JST||EDT (AU)|
|The Grove||December 15, 2012||10:00||13:00||18:00||19:00||21:30||03:00 (+1 day)||05:00 (+1 day)|
|Divinity's Reach||December 16, 2012||10:00||13:00||18:00||19:00||21:30||03:00 (+1 day)||05:00 (+1 day)|
|Black Citadel||December 17, 2012||10:00||13:00||18:00||19:00||21:30||03:00 (+1 day)||05:00 (+1 day)|
|Hoelbrak||December 18, 2012||10:00||13:00||18:00||19:00||21:30||03:00 (+1 day)||05:00 (+1 day)|
|Rata Sum||December 19, 2012||10:00||13:00||18:00||19:00||21:30||03:00 (+1 day)||05:00 (+1 day)|
|Lion's Arch||December 20, 2012||10:00||13:00||18:00||19:00||21:30||03:00 (+1 day)||05:00 (+1 day)|
|Toypocalypse (start)||December 20, 2012||10:00||13:00||18:00||19:00||21:30||03:00 (+1 day)||05:00 (+1 day)|
|Toypocalypse (end)||January 3, 2013||10:00||13:00||18:00||19:00||21:30||03:00 (+1 day)||05:00 (+1 day)|
 Special Event
The special event article tracks the progress of Wintersday 2012.
 Tixx's Infinirarium dungeon
Tixx's Infinirarium is a Wintersday-themed dungeon accessed from the airship as it moves from city to city. The location of the dungeon will be indicated with the dungeon map icon. Once the airship reaches Lion's Arch, players will be able to play through each of the Tixx's Infinirarium events from previous cities by entering the Tixx's Infinirarium and choosing which toy to make from the Toy Makers Console.
- The Grove - Caledon Path, east of Caledon Waypoint
- Divinity's Reach - Plaza of Dwayna, next to Dwayna Waypoint
- Black Citadel - Perimeter Loop, northwest of Junker's Waypoint
- Hoelbrak - Might and Main, east of Might and Main Waypoint
- Rata Sum - Synergetics Union, southwest of Accountancy Waypoint
- Lion's Arch - Grand Piazza
Most of the activities for Wintersday are located in the Enchanted Snow Globe.
 Mysterious Presents
Mysterious Presents began appearing across Tyria, allegedly from a devious airship. These presents contain some rather dangerous surprises. Players will find presents that provide gift boxes. These gift boxes provide various Wintersday-related items. The small, medium, large, giant, and personalized gift boxes all have an equal chance of dropping the Endless Toymaker's Tonic and the Unbreakable Choir Bell.
 Magic Snow
Piles of Magic Snow can be found around Tyria under floating snow dispensers. Players can build a Magic Snowman from the snow, which spawns several snowballs. This adds to the Cold-Weather Friend achievement. See Magic Snow for more information, including the locations.
 Snowball Mayhem
- Primary article: Snowball Mayhem
Snowball Mayhem pits two teams in an 8v8 match of snowball dominance. Players have a choice of three class: heavy gunner, scout, or supporter. They must bring gifts back to their base and defeat other players. This activity serves as the successor to Dwayna Vs Grenth activity from the Guild Wars.
 Winter Wonderland
- Primary article: Winter Wonderland
Winter Wonderland is a Wintersday-themed jumping puzzle. Players must race to the end with their gifts for the children before frostbite stops them in their tracks. This features snowflakes, candy canes, gift boxes, giant snowballs, a snowman overlooking the area, and other Wintersday material.
 Bell Choir
- Primary article: Bell Choir
Bell Choir is a music activity for fans of rhythm-based games. You play the upper, middle, or lower portion of Wintersday and Guild Wars 2 music along with two other players. The songs will grow more challenging as the activity goes on.
- The Toypocalypse Canceled reward was changed in a game update to compensate that fact that players can't join in teams. 
 See also
- ^ https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/wintersday/Giant-Gift-The-holder-of-the-Legendary-Bell/first#post1028109 Anthony Ordon on official forums
- ^ https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/wintersday/Toypocalypse-Can-t-join-as-a-party/page/2#post1052396
- Wintersday: The Wondrous Workshop of Toymaker Tixx on official website
- Wintersday: The Wondrous Workshop of Toymaker Tixx teaser
- Wintersday soundtrack by ArenaNet on SoundCloud. Individual songs can be downloaded by clicking on them and clicking on the button with the arrow pointing down.