Laurels are an account-bound non-tradeable currency that players can use to purchase items from laurel merchants, located in each major city. Laurels can be obtained by completing daily and monthly achievements categories. The amount of laurels a player holds can be viewed by hovering over the '+' sign in the lower right of the inventory window.
- One laurel by completing the Daily achievement category.
- Ten laurels by completing the Monthly achievement category.
- Achievement Chests
- One to ten laurels can be obtained as part of an Achievement Chest reward.
- Laurel merchants, found in each capital city.
- WvW Laurel merchants, found in each World versus World map near the portal.
- Laurels were added during the January 28, 2013 content update, Flame and Frost: Prelude. They were not part of that month's monthly reward.
- Laurels were added to PvP Daily and Monthly achievements on the March 26, 2013 update. This had the side effect of players being able to earn another ten laurels by completing the Monthly PvP achievement for the month if they hadn't earned it already.