Back slot
The back slot is the trinket slot where a player may equip back items. In the hero panel, there is a check box that toggles on and off the appearance of the back item. Back items have an upgrade slot where players may insert a jewel. The level of the gem must be equal to or less than the level of the back item.
Backpacks are available via the storyline, from guild armorers, in Fractals of the Mists and can be found on the trading post. Engineers can choose the Universal Multitool Pack as a starting item. Mad Memoires during Halloween 2012, and Toymaker's Bag during Wintersday 2012 were obtainable by anyone. The Fractals versions are exotic, but can be upgraded to ascended in the Mystic Forge.
- Personal story
- No level requirement
- L80 requirement/Masterwork:
- Guild Armorer (coin)
- BUY-4373 in Mistlock Observatory (1,350 Fractal Relics)
- Gem Store back piece covers come bundled with a white quality account-bound back item.
- Karma vendors after the Temple events sell exotic versions for 42,000 per piece. The combination of stats differ from temple to temple.
- Guild Commendation Trader: exotic equivalents of those sold by the Guild Armorer.
- Ascalonian Catacombs: Ghostly Spineguard and Ghost Eater's Hide
- Caudecus's Manor: Bandit Spineguard
- Twilight Arbor: Forest Brace and Arbor's Embrace
- Citadel of Flame: Charred Back Warmer
- Crucible of Eternity: Fiber Splice
- The Ruined City of Arah: Risen Spineguard
- Fractals of the Mists: Various back items
- Mystic Forge
- Various ascended back items
- Special events
- Halloween 2012:
- Wintersday 2012:
- Super Adventure Box
- The Secret of Southsun
- Back items can not be salvaged.
- The Halloween items and those from the level 33 quests only accept gems without any level requirement in their upgrade slot.
- Many back items have no visible models.
- Before the 2013-02-26 game update, back items had an empty line instead the "Back Item" entry in their descriptions.