Corrupted Wolverine Spirit
Corrupted Wolverine Spirit
May my valor guide you to the victory I once sought.
Following the Elder Dragon Jormag's awakening in 1165 AE, the norn tried to defend their lands in the Far Shiverpeaks from its corruption and destruction, but they were no match for the Ice Dragon. Wolverine was one of the Spirits of the Wild—alongside Ox and Eagle—who stayed behind after Owl's apparent demise and fought the Elder Dragon to give the norn the time to prepare for their exodus to the south. The norn did not know what had happened to Wolverine since the exodus, and the Spirit was revered with great sorrow, along with the other Spirits who had stayed behind, at the dedicated shrines of Lost Spirits' Hallow in Hoelbrak.
No norn had been blessed to serve as havroun to Wolverine in generations although it was unknown if this was because of Wolverine's demise or because it was common for weaker Spirits, or those not close to the physical realm of Tyria, to be without a havroun.
During the Vigil's exploration of Bjora Marches in 1332 AE, several Aberrant creatures with a green aura—ranging from Vigil members to local wildlife—were found roaming around various magically potent locations such as the Aberrant Forest and the Ravenfrost Caverns. In the latter area, Sons of Svanir necromancers were conducting macabre rituals on victims with Ritual Anchors and turning the summoned spirits into hostile Aberrant.
After learning that the Aberrant were minions of Jormag, Researcher Yarixx found a way to manipulate their spirit essence of Valor to turn them strong and weak against other minions of Jormag—Fallen and the Sons of Svanir—who had been infused with the essences of Resilience and Vigilance related to other lost Spirits of the Wild. Beyond the existence of the Aberrant and their ties to Jormag, there was no other clue about the ultimate fate of Wolverine.
- Episode 2: Shadow in the Ice
- Episode 4: Jormag Rising
Voice in the Deep (as an ally)
- Night Terror - A powerful blast that deals immense damage and pulls lesser creatures into its destruction.
Arena of the Wolverine
- Scorcher - Drops fire fields that damage and burn foes.
- Captor - Traps players in difficult-to-escape snares.
- Flash Freeze - Time jumps to avoid chilling pulses.
- Brutal Mauling - Lashes down at the player with both paws. Inflicts Bleeding. (only during Arena of the Wolverine) 4
- Paw Swipe - Attempts to hit the player with his paw. (only during Arena of the Wolverine)
- Stolen skills
Places of worship
- Howler III: Howl: Lost Spirit's Memory
- The Moot III: The Energizer: Pour One Out for the Lost Spirits
- Shadow in the Ice: A Bountiful Pastime — Defeat the champions wandering the West Bjora Marches. (5 )
- Shadow in the Ice: Acolyte of the Lost Spirits — Earn gold participation in 20 Ox, Eagle, or Wolverine shrine events. (5 )
- Drakkar: Wolverine's Revelation — Defeat the Wolverine's Champion Boneskinner while fighting Drakkar in Bjora Marches. (5 )
- Daily Bjora Marches: Daily Corrupted Spirit Cleansing — Complete Corrupted Spirit events in West Bjora Marches. (0)
- Daily Drizzlewood Coast: Daily Drizzlewood Coast Arena of the Wolverine — Complete the Arena of the Wolverine adventure in Northern Drizzlewood Coast. (0)
- Jormag Rising: Arena of the Wolverine: Gold — Complete the Arena of the Wolverine adventure with a gold ranking. (3 )
- Jormag Rising: Arena of the Wolverine: Silver — Complete the Arena of the Wolverine adventure with a silver or better ranking. (2 )
- Jormag Rising: Impressive Pugilist — Use impressive maneuvers to impress the Spirit of the Wild with your fighting prowess while inside the Arena of the Wolverine. (3)
- Wolverine is voiced by Tommie Earl Jenkins.
- Aberrant enemies in Bjora Marches drop essence orbs of Valor which share the likeness of Wolverine.
- Associated items