From Guild Wars 2 Wiki
Locations and objectives
- Points of Interest
- Warden's Watchgate —
The Maker's Path Vista —
- From the asura gate, head west to the balcony
- Asura Gates
- Lion's Arch
- Gardener Theoir
- Gate Assistant
- Wyld Hunt Valiant
- Citizen (1): I missed you at the gathering last night.
- Citizen (2): The firstborn asked me to entertain one of the visiting dignitaries.
- Citizen (1): I hope it was enjoyable for you.
- Citizen (2): Entertaining an asura isn't as easy as entertaining a charr. Food doesn't distract them nearly as long.
- Citizen: How far have you traveled?
- Adventurer: To the ends of Tyria and back!
- Citizen: How far is that?
- Adventurer: Far.
- Traveler (1): I've seen many things in my travels, but never have I seen a sentient being birthed from a plant.
- Traveler (2): They're fragile and weak. I don't imagine they'll survive long.
- Traveler (1): Don't underestimate them. They learn strength from ivy and viciousness from blackberry bushes.
- Citizen (1): Hey, are you all right? What's troubling you?
- Citizen (2): I had the worst nightmares last night. They cling to me still, and I can't seem to stop crying.
- Citizen (1): Poor thing. Do you think they were your own nightmares, or someone else's?
- Citizen (2): I can't imagine such horrible things could originate in me.
- Citizen (1): This has been going on for too long. You're exhausted.
- Citizen (2): I just need to harden myself to them. I can't let them get to me.
- Citizen (1): No, that's exactly what the Nightmare Court wants. They want you to stop feeling.
- Citizen (2): I don't know whether these nightmares come from the Nightmare Court or not.
- Citizen (2): They could be a symptom of darkness in my heart.
- Citizen (1): You can't think that way. You are good and gentle. It's a trap. Don't lose yourself.
- Citizen (2): I'm not sure who I am anymore.
- Gate Assistant: Your golem is strange. Was strange, rather.
- Gate Engineer: You drove it away, you know. I've never seen a golem run that fast.
- Gate Assistant: I only wanted to ask it a few questions.
- Gate Engineer: Oh, I know. You guys are full of them.
- Gate Assistant: Oh, yes. What it's like to be a golem? Does it dream? Does it have a family?
- Gate Engineer: That was the last straw you know. After that question about turtles in the desert, you asked it about its mother.
- Gate Assistant: So?
- Gate Engineer: It doesn't have a mother. It's a golem. You crossed its circuits. I don't know how you did it, but you weirded out MY golem!
- Gate Assistant: So, you are the mother? Or the father?
- Gate Engineer: What? Well, I—I guess I... Oh no. You're not getting in my head. You just stand there and help me monitor the gate.
- Gate Engineer: Am I the mother? Blazing braces, this is what I get for working with the tree children.
- Warden (1): All well?
- Warden (2): All well!
- A charr traveler enters through the asura gate.
- Citizen (1): Look, it's the charr. I'd love to hear some of his war stories.
- Citizen (2): You should go ask him.
- Citizen (1): Why don't you?
- Citizen (2): You first.
- The charr stops nearby and the two citizens walk up to him.
- Citizen (1): Excuse me, kind sir. I wonder if we could trouble you?
- Traveler: Too late. What do you want?
- Citizen (1): We were wondering. Have you been in a war?
- Traveler: Every day is war.
- Citizen (1): What's it like? I imagine the sparkling armor and lines of soldiers marching into battle!
- Citizen (2): The stamping of boots and the voices raised in glory!
- Traveler: The wading through gore. The blood that stains your claws.
- The citizens are surprised.
- Traveler: The sweat burning your eyes. The smell of bodies. The death.
- Traveler: Yeah. It's fun.
- Citizen (2): Um, thanks. (gulp)
- Traveler: (laugh)
- The citizens walk away and the charr traveler exits via asura gate.
- Warden: Hi hi hi! Did you have a good day? I suppose you slept, hm? You're here to relieve me, right?
- Warden (2): Right. 'Bye.
- Warden: I heard movement in the bushes over there, but it turned out to be nothing, and then, I saw a shadow, but-
- Warden (2): Got it. 'Bye.
- Warden: Okay, see you later! Nasty little prickly pear.
- The Asuran gate engineer and a sylvari chattering re: questions to a golem about Turtles and Mothers is a nod to the start of the movie Blade Runner, where an interviewer asks the same questions of a Replicant.