Champion loot bag
Champion loot bags are additional rewards for defeating champion and legendary enemies throughout the world, which were introduced in the Queen's Jubilee release. This article is a list of items that can be obtained from champion loot containers. These bags can drop from champion and legendary ranked enemies. The goal of this list is to categorize which families drop which type of bags, and what can come from those containers. This list is currently a "work in progress" as new information is gathered.
- Primary article: Non-player character
The type of bag dropped by the enemy depends on the family. The family will be unintuitive at times, especially with Branded, Icebrood, Risen, and other dragon-corrupted races that may alter what the original race is assumed to be. For instance, in general any Icebrood creature will drop a Gilded Strongbox, but Icebrood Quaggans will drop regular quaggan Shell Pouches.
Like all loot, there is a high chance to get a loot bag of your level, and a chance to get a loot bag of the champion enemy's level.
You can also get a version of the box with a different rarity, from common to rare, based on the level of the zone you're in and your level. These have crafting materials at the equivalent tier to their rarity, but can still have items of your level up to at least rare quality (potentially exotics as well, with the same chance as getting and exotic rarity item off any other creature in the world).
|Rarity||Minimum player level||Minimum zone level|
For example, in the Plains of Ashford the Champion Flame Legion Shaman yields an Elaborate Ritualist Bag, with a good chance it's exotic with tier 5/6 crafting materials or cores. However, since it's a level 1-15 zone, it could also be a common rarity container with tier 1 crafting materials. In a zone such as Frostgorge Sound, however, all your bag drops will be exotic rarity.
The unique weapons drop as level 80 exotics no matter what level character you are using at the time and what rarity the bag is.
 Loot bags
Acquiring a champion loot bag is as simple as killing a Champion, but given their sheer power, a group is often necessary. Oftentimes simply calling for help in map chat will be enough (especially in the starting zones), but some higher level events or zones can spawn many champions, or quickly respawn them. As a result, there will often be a large group of players farming the spot (almost continually on some servers). Here are some examples and the type of foes that are part of the loop:
- Cursed Shore and Orr in general: orrians, elementals; players can loop between champions with no downtime
- Frostgorge Sound: icebrood, drake, ooze, quaggan, troll; players can also loop with almost no downtime
- Sparkfly Fen: krait (farming Defend the supply of energy from krait (65) that scales to champions)
- World bosses: many of them are champions or spawn champions, and there is the additional daily Bonus chest; Ulgoth or Foulbear Kraal meta-events especially spawn numerous champions (respectively 6 and 4)
- Living Story events, such as Scarlet invasions, can spawn many champions over their duration
- Personal Story sometimes puts the player against champion or legendary foes that can be soloed; finding a mission that can be repeated is harder though