Champion loot bag
- Primary article: Non-player character
The type of bag dropped by the enemy depends on the family. The family will be unintuitive at times, especially with Branded, Icebrood, Risen, and other dragon-corrupted races that may alter what the original race is assumed to be. For instance, in general any Icebrood creature will drop a Gilded Strongbox, but Icebrood Quaggans will drop regular quaggan Shell Pouches.
Like all loot, there is a high chance to get a loot bag of your level, and a chance to get a loot bag of the champion enemy's level.
Exotic loot bags can contain tier 5 and 6 crafting materials, cores, lodestones, Karma, a Scroll of Knowledge, items of your level (from Fine to Exotic quality), and very rarely weapons with unique skins (like Entropy and Monsoon). You also have a very low probability to drop an ascended chest.
You can also get a version of the box with a different rarity, from common to rare, based on the level of the zone you're in and your level. These have crafting materials at the equivalent tier to their rarity, but can still have items of your level up to at least rare quality (potentially exotics as well, with the same chance as getting and exotic rarity item off any other creature in the world).
|Rarity||Minimum player level||Minimum zone level|
For example, in the Plains of Ashford the old Champion Flame Legion Shaman yielded an Elaborate Ritualist Bag, with a good chance it's exotic with tier 5/6 crafting materials or cores. However, since it's a level 1-15 zone, it could also be a common rarity container with tier 1 crafting materials. In a zone such as Frostgorge Sound, however, all your bag drops will be exotic rarity.
The unique weapons drop as level 80 exotics no matter what level character you are using at the time and what rarity the bag is.
- Enemies that give no drops because they become neutral without leaving a Bag of Loot behind.
- Captain Jetsam
- Champion Terror-Seven Krewe Leader
- Champion Fluffy
- Champion Malfunctioning Golem
- Enemies that do not drop champion loot bags but may drop other loot.
- Enemies that do not drop any loot at all by design.
- Certain champions spawned by world boss events, such as:
- All champions within the events against Tequatl the Sunless.
- All champions within the main event against the Shadow Behemoth.
- All champions during the events against the Triple Trouble heads. But not all during the escorts to each location.
- Most champions within the events against the Claw of Jormag, with the exception of some of the ones that spawn in the second phase (there is a Goliath on the eastern side and a Wolf on the western side that have unusually high hp and do not drop loot; every other champion in the second phase does drop a bag).
- Certain champions spawned by guild events, such as:
- Any champion spawned by Scratch Sentry Defense.
You can acquire a champion loot bag by assisting with the killing of a Champion enemy, but given their power, a group of players will often be necessary. Calling for help in map chat may result in other players coming to assist, some higher level events or zones can spawn many champions, or quickly respawn them. As a result, there may be a large group of players farming the spot. Here are some examples and the type of foes that are part of a loop:
- Cursed Shore and Orr in general: orrians, elementals; players can loop between champions with no downtime.
- Frostgorge Sound: icebrood, drake, ooze, quaggan, troll; players can also loop with almost no downtime.
- Sparkfly Fen: krait (farming Defend the supply of energy from krait (65) that scales to champions).
- World bosses: many of them are champions or spawn champions, and there is the additional daily Bonus chest; Modniir Ulgoth or Foulbear Kraal meta-events especially spawn numerous champions (respectively 6 and 4).
- Living Story events, such as Scarlet invasions, can spawn many champions over their duration.
- Creatures within Personal Story and Living Story instances drop no items, but at the end of a mission part of the rewards may include champion loot bags, usually when players had to defeat an enemy of champion rank or higher.