A Birthday Gift is an item received by a character once the character reaches their birthday; this occurs every 365 days that pass the day of character creation. For example, a character created on August 28th, 2012 will receive their first birthday gift on August 28, 2013, and their second birthday gift on August 28, 2014.
Birthday gifts are given per character, not per account. An account does not receive birthday gifts on the anniversary of the account, but based on the "age" of the character. This means if someone created an account in August 2013, but deleted all of their first characters afterwards, birthday gifts will arrive only on the actual date each character passes the one-year, two-year, three-year and four-year markers.
List of birthday gifts
|Year||Days1||Birthday gift||Gift contents||Account rewards2|
|1||365||First Birthday Gift||Loyal|
|2||730||Second Birthday Gift||Veteran|
|3||1095||Third Birthday Gift||Faithful|
|4||1460||Fourth Birthday Gift||Stalwart|
- 1 Can check a character's number of days since created with the
- 2 Opening each type of gift for the first time on an account also grants Birthday achievements in the Hero category with these rewards.
- The first anniversary of Guild Wars 2 and the distribution of the first birthday gifts coincided with the Clockwork Chaos release in August 2013.
- The original Guild Wars introduced the concept of birthday gifts containing miniatures.
- The oldest possible characters in the game were created around midnight Pacific Time on 25 August, 2012, when the initial Headstart period began. The second headstart began on the 27th and the official launch on the 28th, each at midnight Pacific.