An activity is a mini-game designed to fit in with the local area. They provide an identical challenge to characters of all levels, and usually switch out weapon skills for new ones specific to the activity. While most involve some sort of PvP, not all involve player competition and can be a fun activity to do alone or with others (depending on the activity). Holiday events tend to involve at least one activity.
 List of activities
These activities are associated with one or more achievements. Those marked with a † are also part of the current rotation for the Daily achievement category.
- Belcher's Bluff (anywhere, via Belcher's Bluff Kits)
- Costume Brawl (anywhere, via various tonics, Boxes o' Fun, or certain toys)
- Crab Toss† (Lion's Arch rotation) (Southsun Cove)
- Keg Brawl† (Hoelbrak and Lion's Arch rotation)
- Sanctum Sprint† (Lion's Arch rotation)
- Southsun Survival† (Lion's Arch rotation)
 Scavenger hunts
These scavenger hunts grant explorer achievements upon their first completion:
- Cleaning Up the Neighborhood (Ebonhawke)
- Diving (Various Locations)
- Marriner Plaque (mostly Lion's Arch)
- Speedy Reader (Ebonhawke)
 Other types of games
These mini-games are permanent part of Guild Wars 2, but do not count for the daily activities or any other achievements:
 Activity items
These items can be used anywhere to begin an activity.
 Historical and recurring activities
These activities were first available during their respective in-game release(s). Some of them become available again later, for example as part of the daily activity rotation.
|Aspect Arena||Team-based PvP||Labyrinthine Cliffs||2013-07-23|
|Beacons of Kryta||Scavenger hunt (timed)||Divinity's Reach||2013-08-06|
|Bell Choir||Non-combat, musical activity||Lion's Arch||2012-12-14|
|Crab Toss||Free-for-all PvP||Southsun Cove||2013-05-14||on daily rotation†|
|Dragon Ball||Team-based PvP||Lion's Arch||2013-06-11|
|Keg Brawl||Team-based PvP||Hoelbrak||on daily rotation†|
|Lessons from the Sky||Scavenger hunt||Labyrinthine Cliffs||2013-07-09|
|Lunatic Inquisition||Team-based PvP||Mad King's Realm||2012-10-22|
|Reaper's Rumble||Team-based PvP||Mad King's Realm||2012-10-22|
|Sanctum Sprint||Racing game||Labyrinthine Cliffs||2013-07-09||on daily rotation†|
|Snowball Mayhem||Team-based PvP||Lion's Arch||2012-12-14|
|Southsun Survival||Free-for-all PvP||Labyrinthine Cliffs||2013-07-23||on daily rotation†|
|Super Adventure Box||Team adventure||Rata Sum||2013-04-01||
|Toypocalypse||Tower defense||Lion's Arch||2012-12-14|
- † Activities that are part of the daily rotation can be started by speaking with one of two NPCs in Lion's Arch, marked with the icon. One is located at Grand Piazza and the other near the Yomm's Mercantile. Depending on the activity, the NPCs will be marked as the Master of Activities or Citizen.
- Only the daily activity that is on rotation for the day counts towards the Daily Activity Participation achievement.
- Before launch, ArenaNet suggest that they had plans for as many as 30 activities or mini-games, but only a few have been implemented. Previously mentioned ideas include: Archery/Target Range., Bar Brawl, Polymock, Smash 'Em Up., and an unknown activity that involves shooting mini golems that explode.