Ascended equipment refers to equipment of Ascended quality, with a level 80 requirement and stats higher than Exotic quality equipment. All ascended equipment is account bound on acquire and will stay account bound if transmuted. If Ascended armor is transmuted with a racial skin, it will still be account bound, but only usable by characters of the armor's race.
Upgrade and infusion slots
- See also: Infusion
Ascended armor and weapons have the usual upgrade slot, one slot for armor and one-handed weapons and two slots for two-handed weapons.
Ascended trinkets and back items, however, do not have an upgrade slot; instead, the equivalent bonuses of an ascended jewel are added to the inherent attribute bonuses. In most cases the built-in jewel matches the prefix of the base item, but in some cases they differ. For example, the Jade Wind Orb has Dire base stats (Condition Damage, Toughness, Vitality), but the built-in jewel has Rabid stats (Condition Damage, Precision, Toughness).
Ascended items also have an infusion slot, or two infusion slots for two-handed weapons. Each infusion slot has an assigned infusion type — defensive, offensive, or utility — and only an infusion of the same type or an omni-type infusion can be inserted in that slot.
- Primary article: Ascended armor
Ascended armor is crafted at Grandmaster rank in the appropriate crafting discipline or dropped rarely from anything that can provide Ascended crafting material. Certain achievements from the Rare Collections category also grant an ascended armor piece of choice as a reward.
- Primary article: Ascended weapon
Ascended weapons are crafted at Grandmaster rank in the appropriate crafting discipline or dropped rarely from anything that provides Ascended crafting material.
- Primary article: List of ascended trinkets
Ascended rings rarely drop from Fractals of the Mists daily reward chests. Ascended trinkets can be purchased or crafted the following ways:
|Laurel Merchant||WvW Laurel Vendor||BUY-4373||Guild Commendations||Mystic Forge||WvW Tournament Claim Ticket||Achievements1|
|Amulet||30||20 + 250||Triforge Pendant|
|Ring||35||25 + 250||10|
|Accessory||40 + 50||40 + 50||12 + 5||200|
|Backpiece||1,850 2||Ascended recipes|
1Certain achievements from Basic Collections or Story Journal categories give an ascended trinket as a reward.
2One ascended Prototype Fractal Capacitor is created with a Prototype Fractal Capacitor (1,350 ) and a Gift of Ascension (500 ) in the Mystic Forge.
You can change the stats on Ascended weapons and armor by combining an Anthology of Heroes, the equipment you want to change, five globs of ectoplasm, and an exotic insignia (for armour) or inscription (for weapons). This process destroys all upgrades.
- All ascended trinkets are unique, meaning you cannot equip two identical trinkets at the same time.
- No additional tiers are planned after Ascended, but there are plans to enhance or gain items within the existing rarity design whose properties continue on a shallow power curve. Future progression will also be based on earning newly introduced skills.
- Ascended weapon and armor boxes can drop anywhere Ascended materials or items can be found, including the Fractal Daily Chest and Champion Boxes.
- In the storyline of Guild Wars, Ascension was a rite that players had to go through in order to gain the Gift of True Sight, which allowed them to see and fight the mursaat. To defend against the Spectral Agony used by the foes, players could infuse their armor, similar to using infusion against the Agony effect of bosses in Fractals of the Mists.
- Ascended Rings and back items were introduced with The Lost Shores and were originally available only in Fractals of the Mists. Amulets were introduced with Flame and Frost: Prelude, and accessories with Flame and Frost: The Gathering Storm.
- Originally, the stats on ascended items were displayed in two parts: the base attributes and the upgrade-equivalent values. The May 28, 2013 update changed the display so that each attribute appears only once.
- ^ https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/gw2/Ascended-Gear-Anet-please-fix-this/first#post5173842
- ^ https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/gw2/Ascended-Gear-Anet-please-fix-this/first#post5174104
- ^ http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Game_updates/2015-06-23#Items Game updates/2015-06-23
- ^ Colin Johanson; Looking Ahead: Guild Wars 2 in 2013
- ^ Chris Whiteside; AMA on Reddit