The criteria used for all the open worlds builds is here.
Open World PvE Necromancer Group Build
Provides support through barrier, life sipohon, transfusion heals and revives.
- Shade: Sand Cascade
- Shade: Desert Shroud
- Punishment skills
Blood Magic Vampiric Rituals provide Protection to allies when your Wells are cast and entering shroud causes critical hits to inflict weakness.
- Wells grant protection when cast.
- Axe auto attack.
- Focus 4 - Reaper's Touch.
- Well of Suffering.
- Death Shroud: Auto attack - Life Blast.
Open World PvE Necromancer Solo Builds
Damage is dealt directly and takes effect immediately.
An easy to play build that provides plenty of fortitude that lets you focus more on game play and what is going on around you. Keep your minions up on their feet with Staff 2: Mark of Blood and Death Shroud 4: Life Transfer. Minions take your conditions from you and siphon health from their target and transfer it to you.
Reaper Shouts provide you with Might, Vuln, Life Force, Life Steal and send conditions to your foes.
- Blood Magic for additional Life Siphon.
Chilling your foes inflicts them with Vulnerability and provides you with Might and applying Boons to yourself grants you Life Force, except when in Shroud where you gain health instead.
Scourge goes one step further with their Minions, not only protecting their otherwise disposable creations with Barrier but also granting them Might in the process.
Deals damage over time.
For strong Bosses without adds, Epidemic can be swapped out for Spectral Grasp or Corrupt Boon.
Make good use of Dagger 4 - Deathly Swarm to send your self inflicted conditions to your target.
- Dire Gear for more survivability for a small damage loss.
- Trailblazer Gear for more survivability for a small damage loss
- Fancy Truffle Burger increases Poison Duration.
- Chocolate Omnomberry Cake increases Chill Duration.
- Aristocracy to help maintain Might.
- Trailblazer Gear for more survivability for a small damage loss.
- 2 x Afflicted + 2 x Balthazar + 2 x Trapper and a Bowl of Fire Meat Chilli
These make use of High Toughness (vs direct damage), Vitality (vs Conditions) or Damage Resistance.
As per regular MM Necro but now with even more sustain.
- Captain’s Trinkets
- Exotic - Emerald Orich Amulet can be crafted or bought off TP
- Ascended - Protomatter Chain
- Ascended - Third-Place Medal
- Exotic - Emerald Orich Ring can be crafted or bought off TP
- Ascended - Band of the Brotherhood
- Ascended - Cirque of Arah
- Exotic - Emerald Orich Earring can be crafted or bought off TP
- Ascended - Big Mama's Tooth
- Ascended - Molten Ore
- Valkyrie Armor pieces can be used instead of Cavalier for an approx 5% damage increase, trading toughness for vitality also provides approx 15% more Life Force.
- In longer fights against bosses you can switch in the utility skill Signet of Spite and make use of Spite - Signets of Suffering for a marginal 2% extra damage overall.
- Soul Reaping: Soul Barbs can provide a 10% damage increase for 10secs.
- Reaper: Soul Eater can be taken for some additional sustain.
- "Rise!" can be taken for an additional 33% damage reduction.
- The Superior Rune of Vampirism is also a solid choice in mob rich environments.
- Focus or Warhorn can be used to suit.
- Vs Mobs Spite: Close to Death and Reaper: Reaper's Onslaught are better for clearing open world mobs.
- Curses: Parasitic Contagion can be taken for some additional sustain if needed.
Boons / Support / Healing / Condi Cleanse
- Swap Blood Magic - Vampiric Rituals for Transfusion
- Soul Reaping
- * Swap Speed of Shadow for Soul Marks for more Life Force
- * Swap Foot in the Grave for Death Perception for 99% Crit
- Krait Apothecary Condi Support Scourge (80% Bleeding Duration)
- Runes of Scavenging
These builds are focused around a particular theme and include gear suggestions (where feasible) for those who appreciate the theme and look of their characters over a dry DPS build.
- Can run Sinister / Viper Gear with Ice Runes.
- Sigil of Ice can be swapped for Hydromancy for Chill on Weapon Swap
- Corrupted Weapons - These are the corrupted forms of the Norn Shaman's Etched weapons
- Frostforged weapons
- Norn cultural armor
- Koda's Light Armor
- Grenth Hood Skin
- Reaper's Hood
- Shadow of Grenth
- Relic of Grenth
Swiftness / Movement Skills
- Spectral Walk
- Signet of the Locust 25% movement.
- Warhorn 5: Locust Swarm
- Blood Magic: Quickening Thirst 25% Movement Speed while wielding dagger.
- Soul Reaping: Speed of Shadows grants Swiftness when entering Shroud.
- Reaper - Reaper's Shroud 2: Death's Charge.
- Scourge - Trail of Anguish
- Scourge - Sand Swell
- Heal: Consume Conditions.
- Elite: Lich Form (Grim Specter)
- Traits: Death Magic - Shrouded Removal, Spite - Spiteful Renewal, Blood Magic - Unholy Martyr (Enter / Exit Shroud), Scourge - Abrasive Grit (grant ally Barrier).
- High base Vitality.
- Death / Reaper Shroud.
- Blood Magic for Life Siphon.
- Death Magic + Minions for extra Toughness.
Hard CC Skills
- 5 - Reaper’s Mark
- 4 - Wail of Doom
Torch (Scourge Only)
- 5 - Oppressive Collapse
- Necro - Tainted Shackles, Doom, Dark Path
- Reaper - Infusing Terror > Terrify
- Scourge - Garish Pillar
- Soft CC - Well of Darkness, Spectral Grasp, Spectral Wall, Signet of Spite, Bone Fiend: Rigor Mortis, Shadow Fiend: Haunt, Poison Cloud,
- Scourge Only - Trail of Anguish, Dessicate, Sand Swell, Serpent Siphon
- Flesh Golem > Charge
- Reaper Only: “Chilled to the Bone!”
When using Scholar Runes, activate your Shroud while over 90% Health to maintain the +10% damage bonus for longer as the bonus remains while in Shroud, with your life force taking the brunt of any incoming attacks.