If anyone could add the sources for the information in this page it would help increase its credibility, although much of the information is "spread out" I believe references are necessary. – Valento msg 14:53, 14 May 2015 (UTC)
Full traits/skills etc
might be usefull to add that you can fully level all CURRENT skills and traits simply by using the points from leveling to lvl 80. This will help people around this time of little information. source: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Skill-points-and-Spirit-Shards/first
If unwilling to use a given link, just type hero points in google search engine, somewhere in the first page.
184.108.40.206 20:44, 23 June 2015 (UTC)
- That makes me wonder : how will we be able to unlock skills and traits that will be released later ? How will we gain more hero points if our character is already level 80 and has done every skill challenge ? 220.127.116.11 15:31, 25 June 2015 (UTC)
- There are 202 hero challenges right now, and there will be more in the new Heart of Thorns zones. It will only take 60 points to unlock the traits for the elite specialization, and assuming it gives 1 healing / 3 utility / 1 elite skill of the new skill type, it will take 2 + 3 + 4 + 4 + 9 = 22 points to unlock the skills.
- That's a total of 82 points to get everything for an elite spec. 82 is less than half of 202. It'll only be a problem if they ever release a third elite spec per profession. —Dr Ishmael 16:14, 25 June 2015 (UTC)
From what I've seen, skill costs vary greatly; e.g. for physical skills, they went from 2 hero points to 9 for Rampage, but for stances they only went from 2 to 5. And my warrior's other skill lines were already bought out for me when I logged in. Looks like we'll need people to start brand-new characters and level them to 11 in order to find out what the costs are for every skill.
Traits appear to be standardized - I had 3 trait lines bought out and the other two hadn't been started. They both followed the same progression
—Dr Ishmael 22:50, 23 June 2015 (UTC)
- Went through all 8 of my characters and created a spreadsheet of the skills I had to buy. If anyone wants to help, you can fill in the costs of skills here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zGBpwAjNWNo4dH7lCU7MS6b-Ip74zSQnW4SF_6Eb2_M/edit?usp=sharing —Dr Ishmael 23:33, 23 June 2015 (UTC)
- Right... Writ of Experience makes this somewhat easier. Made a new necro and was able to get all but 2 necro skills. Guess I'll have to go do a few hero challenges... *sigh* —Dr Ishmael 00:43, 24 June 2015 (UTC)
- Okay, I'm seeing a bit of a pattern (except for engineer, that crazy fool). If there are 4 non-elite skills, they cost 2-3-4-4. If there are five, the costs are 2-2-3-4-4. Elites cost 9.
- Engineer elites appear to cost 8 (Elixir X and Mortar confirmed, but not Supply Crate). Non-elites look like they might follow 2-2-3-3-4-5. —Dr Ishmael 01:51, 24 June 2015 (UTC)
- All skills updated with hero point costs.
- Total hero points per profession:
- 98 points per profession. Everything looks good! —Dr Ishmael 15:53, 2 July 2015 (UTC)
Unspent hero points
I got my Elementalist to L80 and still have 53 "Unspent hero points." The game keeps nagging me about them with a red icon in the upper left corner. The Mystic Forge agent does not offer a way to exchange these for something useful. Do I have to wait three or four months for Heart of Thorns before I can use these, with the nagging icon every day? --Gold Recluse (talk) 19:59, 1 August 2015 (UTC)
Max Total Hero points after spending them ?
- Well, adding up the 5 specialization of 60 points each and the skills with 98 points, they are exactly the 398 points you get from leveling to 80 (which the note on the page specifies). Then add the 214 hero challenges and you have 214 points left. Tyndel (talk) 07:39, 3 August 2015 (UTC)
The first note says "With the Hero points gained only from leveling a character to level 80 it is possible to unlock all core skills and traits entirely."
This is false. I have 9 level 80s, but only 5 of them have enough hero points to claim all the core skills and traits. It depends on how much of the map you uncover, not what level you are.
However, it may be true that getting through the last storyline mission gives enough points, but I'm not sure even that is true.
I think the note should be removed. Perhaps it could be replaced by something referring to percentage of the map, but even that would be iffy.
- Huh, I remember unlocking everything once I hit level 80 on my revenant. I'm not sure what you mean by uncovering the map or the last storyline mission, neither gives hero points.--Relyk ~ talk < 23:17, 26 December 2015 (UTC)
- You earn 398 points while leveling. It requires 400 points to max out all core skills and traits. So, just getting to level 80 won't do it. UNLESS you get 2 in that first mission that every character has to go through.
- However, it's obvious it isn't as cut-and-dried as I thought, either. Basically, you have to pick up 2 hero points via hero challenges, or you can't quite make it to max. So, I wasn't really "wrong", but about as close as you can get without being wrong. I'll adjust the statement slightly then. Thanks for the help!!! Daddicus (talk) 01:55, 27 December 2015 (UTC)
Do we have the training background images on the wiki already? I've just located them and they're very vivid and I think they might make a nice addition. -Chieftain Alex 14:43, 3 December 2016 (UTC)
- Can't say that I remember seeing these around here, no. I concur though, would be neat to have! talk 15:00, 3 December 2016 (UTC)
Feedback 2017/08/03 Level rewards panel
The acquired heropoints from leveling in the table doesn't add up to 398. Looking at https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Level_rewards some of the levels are wrong.