Seasons last for eight weeks, allowing players to earn progress in each league.
- PvP League Season One (December 1, 2015 - January 25, 2016)
- PvP League Season Two (February 23, 2016 - April 18, 2016)
- PvP League Season Three (May 17, 2016 - July 11, 2016)
- PvP League Season Four (August 9, 2016 - October 3, 2016)
- PvP League Season Five (December 13, 2016 - February 6, 2017)
- PvP League Season Six (March 7, 2017 - May 1, 2017)
- PvP League Season Seven (June 13, 2017 - August 8, 2017)
- PvP League Season Eight (August 22, 2017 - October 16, 2017)
- PvP League Season Nine (November 7, 2017 - January 2, 2018)
- PvP League Season Ten (January 16, 2018 - March 13, 2018)
- PvP League Season Eleven (April 3, 2018 - May 29, 2018)
- PvP League Season Twelve (June 12, 2018 - August 6, 2018)
- PvP League Season Thirteen (August 28, 2018 - October 22, 2018)
- PvP League Season Fourteen (November 13, 2018 - January 7, 2019)
- PvP League Season Fifteen (January 22, 2019 - March 18, 2019)
- PvP League Season Sixteen (April 2, 2019 - May 27, 2019)
- PvP League Season Seventeen (June 11, 2019 - August 5, 2019)
- PvP League Season Eighteen (August 20, 2019 - October 14, 2019)
- PvP League Season Nineteen (October 29, 2019 - December 23, 2019)
- PvP League Season Twenty (January 7, 2020 - February 24, 2020)
Divisions track progress made in leagues for each season. Based on your numerical Skill Rating, you are placed into a division. The divisions determine which badge is available on your nameplate, and even affect the rate at which you earn league rewards.
- Every season will start with a soft reset of the previous season’s rating (Your initial rating before the new season's placements get calculated like this: (YourRating + 1200) * 0.5). To obtain your starting skill rating for the season, you must play 10 placement matches.
- Inactive players will experience decay that lowers their skill rating over time up to a maximum amount. Decay can be worked off by playing league matches. Decay only matters for leaderboard purposes; it will not affect matchmaking. You will always be matched at your non-decayed rating.
- There are no restrictions on backward progress with skill rating; you can move down in divisions by either losing matches or by being inactive. This will help ensure that players are always moving toward their correct rating and are facing players of similar skill levels.
- Badges (Season 7 - Current)
Rewards are gained from completing reward tracks. There are six different tracks with increasingly valuable rewards. The last track is repeatable. Each track consists of a number of tiers. To complete a tier, one needs to earn 20 to 30 pips depending on the track. Pips are earned by winning and losing matches and earning top stats. Winning a match will award 10 pips, losing a match will award 3 pips, and earning any amount of top stats will earn 1 pip. Losing a ranked match with a score equal to or greater than 80% of the winning team’s score will award a Near Victory bonus worth 2 pips. Being in the Platinum division will also award you with 2 extra pips after each game and being in the Legendary division will award you 4. This reward track resets once per season, unlike the weekly reset of the WvW equivalent.
|Reward Tiers||Required Pips||Rewards Season 6|
|Tiers||Per Tier||In Total||Each Tier||Final Reward|
Note: There are a total of 670 pips prior to the repeatable Byzantium Chest.
Ending a ranked season on the leaderboard unlocks a title depending on your rank. A minimum of 120 matches played is required to be eligible for a place on the leaderboard at the end of the season.
- Rank 1: God/Goddess of the Arena
- Rank 2: Demigod/Demigoddess of the Arena
- Rank 3: King/Queen of the Arena
- Rank 4–10: Prince/Princess of the Arena
- Rank 11–25: Duke/Duchess of the Arena
- Rank 26–100: Baron/Baroness of the Arena
- Rank 101–250: Knight/Dame of the Arena
Completing the Year of the Ascension achievements awards components to create Gift of the Competitor, which is a component of the legendary backpack The Ascension. These achievements can only be progressed in Ranked PvP while a season is active.
- Year of the Ascension Part I
- Year of the Ascension Part II
- Year of the Ascension Part III
- Year of the Ascension Part IV
- In Season 5, ArenaNet decreased the volatility during placement matches. This had an unintended effect of making it harder to reach Platinum and Legendary.
- In Season 9, players ranked Platinum 2 (1,600) and above could no longer duo-queue in Ranked matches while seasons are active.  However, this was reverted in Season 13. 
The information does not apply to the current version of the game.
- Badges (Seasons 1 to 4)
Progressing into each division rewards a unique badge that players can wear next to their nameplate
- Badges (Seasons 5 & 6)
Progressing into each division rewards a unique badge that players can wear next to their nameplate.
- Ranked Titles
The following titles can no longer be acquired as of Season 17. If a player has already earned the current titles, they will not go away.
- Rank 1: God/Goddess of PvP
- Rank 2: Legendary Demigod/Demigoddess
- Rank 3: Immortal Legend
- Rank 4-10: Unyielding Legend
- Rank 11-25: Relentless Legend
- Rank 26-100: Ruthless Legend
- Rank 101-250: Merciless Legend