Difference of Divisions
This page is going to need a separation of its content, or we need a section for each division. Division I (Amber) has it's own page why? Amount of rewards changes for each division, and also how many tiers and pips it takes to move forward. Foxman525 05:19, 10 December 2015 (UTC)
- Indeed, I concur! Well done on the polishing of this page. Foxman525 04:18, 14 December 2015 (UTC)
Tickets per division (maybe??)
- So I found  this. Apparently, the ticket values are as follows -
- Emerald - 15 Tickets
- Sapphire - 20 Tickets
- Ruby - 20 Tickets
- Diamond - 20 Tickets
- Legendary 1 - 25 Tickets
That said, apparently Legendary only gives tickets once. Subsequent progressions do not award any more tickets, meaning it's actually not possible to finish the entire Ascension set (need 125, only get 100). I have no way of confirming if any of this is true, so take it with a brick of salt. --Vaught (talk) 16:52, 13 December 2015 (UTC)
Starting division effect on Rewards/Collections
So I believe they mentioned that if you ended in a certain division (e.g. Ruby) one season, in the next you'd automatically get into a slightly lower one (e.g. Sapphire). I hope this also means that we'd automatically get awarded the rewards and collection progress as well...? (e.g. tickets and "2 divisions crossed" collection requirements). I'm currently in early stages of the Path of Ascension collections, and I'd really rather not start high up next season if it means 0 rewards and exponentially harder to achieve division crossing. I'm considering also asking this on the GW2 forums --icy`
- Yes, they did that for this season, and you do receive all the rewards inbetween. "Rewards from skipped divisions will be awarded after players play one match in the new season." from this link. —Ventriloquist 11:16, 22 June 2016 (UTC)
- Great, thanks! --icy`
What needs to be done:
With the new overhaul a few things should be done. I'm just putting this here for myself and others to have a noncomprehensive list, I hope that that's okay. I plan to do these things myself of course but if I don't write 'em down I'll forget.
- Add some explanation about the matchmaking system.
- Add an explanation of the way the new divisions work.
- Add the map rotation.
- Add something about the rewards in the new divisions.
- Rewrite the reward section--I think a couple of these things are not "real" rewards, since you need to buy them with the tickets you earn. Maybe a separate section on the Year of the Ascension.
- Add a small overview of the changes that were made in the previous seasons.
- RE: Rewards section, I'd say move the Division table down to it, and modify it as per the new tracks. Those are effectively direct rewards. Purchased rewards are covered by PvP League Ticket - Rashy (talk) 03:49, 15 December 2016 (UTC)
Difference of Byzantium on Repeat
We really need to show the differences in 2nd+ runs of Byzantium, its not the same. I'm not there yet so I can't document it. 18.104.22.168 06:36, 17 December 2016 (UTC)
What are the effects of transferring worlds/servers (during a PvP season) on earning pips?
Does it prevent you from earning pips for the rest of the season?
Or does it reset your pip progress for the season? --22.214.171.124 17:14, 21 June 2018 (UTC)