Update - November 26, 2018
The latest trend from Elona is sweeping Tyria—roller beetle racing! Whether you're a rolling legend, a rookie racer, or a spectator ready to see the greatest thrills this side of Ascalon, you'll want to check out one of these organized races. Courses have been set up in Gendarran Fields, Brisban Wildlands, Mount Maelstrom, Snowden Drifts, and Diessa Plateau. Or if you need to get a feel for riding a beetle, try the test track in Kessex Hills!
The racecourses are a permanent installation, but as a special offer in celebration of their grand opening, daily prizes will be awarded during the first month to racers who complete a rotating selection of race events:
- Roller beetle racecourses have been added to Gendarran Fields, Brisban Wildlands, Mount Maelstrom, Snowden Drifts, Diessa Plateau, and Kessex Hills. Roller Beetle Racing achievements can be found in the Achievements tab under the Side Stories category. Rental beetles are also available for players who have not yet trained their own beetle in the Domain of Kourna in the Living World Season 4 episode "Long Live the Lich."
- Complete achievements, participate in race events, or set daily high scores in time-trial adventures to earn racing medallions, which can be exchanged for new rewards at prize vendors.
- A Daily Roller Beetle Racing achievement category will be available for one month, giving extra racing medallions for participating in specific race events each day.
- To prevent accidental dismounts in dangerous areas, the roller beetle's engage skill will be disabled while participating in a race event or time-trial adventure.
- Rings and accessories can now be equipped directly to their second slot through a new right-click option.
- Sigils of Air: These will no longer stack when using combinations of minor, major, and superior sigils.
- Sigils of Battle: Fixed a bug in which these sigils granted less might than intended when weapon skills changed through the use of a profession mechanic.
- Sigils of Energy: These will no longer stack when using combinations of minor, major, and superior sigils.
- Sigils of Icebrood Slaying: Corrected the text on the description of these sigils from "control" to "pain."
- Sigils of Transference: These will no longer stack when using combinations of minor, major, and superior sigils.
- Sigils of Impact: These will no longer stack when using combinations of minor, major, and superior sigils. Fixed a bug in which these sigils did not grant their full damage increases.
- Superior Sigil of Torment: Fixed a bug that caused this sigil to inflict one stack of torment instead of two.
- Superior Rune of the Pack: The duration of the boons granted by the 6-piece bonus of this rune set has been reduced from 10 seconds to 8 seconds. The cooldown has been returned to its previous duration of 30 seconds, and it will now trigger while in combat rather than upon entering combat.
- Superior Rune of the Mirage: Fixed a bug with the 6-piece bonus of this rune set in which it only worked at melee range and its cooldown displayed improperly.
- Superior Rune of the Ice: Fixed a bug in which the visual effect of the 6-piece bonus for this rune set played incorrectly.
- Superior Rune of Sanctuary: The barrier gained from this rune is now granted by the healer.
- Superior Rune of Vampirism: Fixed a bug in which the 6-piece bonus of this rune set healed defeated players.
- A new jewelcrafting recipe has been added that allows players to transmogrify azurite crystals into azurite orbs.
- The amount of Maguuma Lilies and Freshwater Pearls required in rune and sigil recipes that use these ingredients has been reduced.
- Tooltips in the Pet Management panel now display information about each pet's special skill and beastmode archetype.
Structured Player vs. Player
- Players can now purchase Mistforged Glorious Hero's armor from the League Armor Vendor if they have unlocked the Ardent Glorious armor or the Glorious Hero's armor and have a PvP level of 100.
Black Lion Trading Company Gem Store
- Pet Dog Whistle: Basenji: Fixed a bug in which female sylvari said "shake" when using the Lay Down skill.
- Raven Mantle: Fixed a bug in which the model deformed during female sylvari animations.
- Fixed a bug in which the purple crystals on the saddles of roller beetle skins did not appear.
- Fixed a bug in which the roller beetle mount and roller beetle mount skins gained an extra shadow when rolling.
- Fixed a bug in which the tentacles on skimmer mounts and skimmer mount skins bent oddly when using its movement ability.
- Sunspear Outfit: Made improvements to this outfit to address some visual issues.
Guild Wars 2 Wiki Notes
- Build: 93,801
- Caithe sends a mail to players who enter Jahai Bluffs or Lion's Arch if they have no active story and completed Storm Tracking. After reading the mail, she and Gorrik appear in Sun's Refuge and with new dialogue options.
- The added racing adventures are:
- Kessex Corner: begins near the border wall south of Overlake Haven Waypoint — in Kessex Hills. This is a training course, and unlike the others does not have an associated race event.
- Tropic Valley Raceway: begins near Proxemics Lab Waypoint — and runs all around the edges of Brisban Wildlands.
- Ghostfire Run: starts near Nageling Waypoint — at Diessa Plateau.
- Jormag's Fang: starts south of Torstvedt Homestead Waypoint — in Snowden Drifts.
- Lakeside Loop: starts near Provern Shore Waypoint — in Gendarran Fields and winds along the shores of Lake Gendarr.
- Infernal Leap: begins on the shore below Avernan Waypoint — in Mount Maelstrom.
- Added Racing Scarf and Golden Racing Scarf, which are rewards from Roller Beetle Racing achievements, and a number of racetrack decorations.
- The decorations include Racetrack Straightaway, Racetrack Long Straightaway, Racetrack Curved Ramp, Racetrack Downward Ramp, Racetrack Upward Ramp, Racetrack Left Curve, Racetrack Downward Left Curve, Racetrack Upward Left Curve, Racetrack Right Curve, Racetrack Downward Right Curve and Racetrack Upward Right Curve.
- Some NPC dialogue text in the chat log and speech bubbles had their colors changed: