Bringing Out the Archon
Bringing Out the Archon
- 1330 AE
- Path of Fire
- Enemy of My Enemy
- The Desolation
Click to enlarge
Make your way into the Desolation.
- Pass through the Bone Wall and enter Joko's Kingdom in the Desolation.
Speak with Kito and make a plan to take control of Joko's armies.
- Seek Agent Kito
Create the illusion of a Sunspear uprising.
- Replace Joko portraits atop building with Sunspear propaganda.
- Raid Awakened camps and fly the banner of the Sunspears.
- In the nearby Village of Purity, ascend the rooftops and interact with the indicated spots to display Sunspear banners.
- Capture the indicated Awakened camps further south. To do so you only need to interact with the banners in their center, not necessarily kill all the Awakened. Stealth can be useful for this.
- Shadows Agent Kito
- You will encounter the normal friendly NPCs from the Village of Purity.
- As an open world mission, you will encounter the normal hostile monster from the Desolation map.
- Talking to Kito
- Shadows Agent Kito: Commander, how are you alive? Balthazar killed you. I watched from the shadows as you fell.
- Shadows Agent Kito: We knew Balthazar was having you watched, but he struck before we could send a warning. What happened after you...died?
- <Character name>: In time, I'll tell you...where I came to be, what I saw, how I escaped—everything that happened since my death. But. first, you must help me.
- Shadows Agent Kito: In exchange for that knowledge, absolutely. Anything the Order can do. Name it.
- <Character name>: I want to use Joko's army to stop Balthazar.
- Shadows Agent Kito: Commander, the Order of Shadows is powerful. Accomplished. Capable of near miracles...
- Shadows Agent Kito: But we can't deliver an army of Awakened to you. No one, save Joko himself, can do that.
- <Character name>: Archon Iberu could.
- Shadows Agent Kito: The archon? I...I suppose Joko's marshals might follow the orders of the archon. If those orders came from the king himself.
- <Character name>: I have it on the best authority that they would.
- Shadows Agent Kito: But the Order has no sway with Archon Iberu. The last time we caught Joko's attention, he killed thirty of our agents.
- <Character name>: I'll take care of Iberu. I just need to know where to find him...and Joko‘s marshals.
- Shadows Agent Kito: I suppose Grand Vizier Utumishi in the Bone Palace to the southwould know where the marshals are.
- Shadows Agent Kito: As for the archon, the fastest and safest way to engage him would be to lure him here.
- Shadows Agent Kito: But he usually considers the area south of the wall unworthy of his attention.
- <Character name>: If he thought the Sunspears were rebelling down here, he'd have to come running to end the threat, right?
- Shadows Agent Kito: There aren't enough Sunspears left to stage an uprising.
- <Character name>: Only takes one, and they don't have to be a Sunspear.
- <Character name>: A few attacks on Awakened camps, some conspicuously placed Sunspear banners...
- <Character name>: That would look like a Sunspear declaration of war no matter who was responsible.
- Shadows Agent Kito: It's risky...very risky. Be careful, Commander—your next death could be your last.
- While replacing banners
- <Character name>: Here's a perfect spot to start a fake revolution.
- <Character name>: Looks like a rebellion's brewing.
- <Character name>: Perfect.
- After raiding the Awakened camps
- <Character name>: The banners are up, the camps are down. That should get Iberu's attention.
- <Character name>: Now to the Bone Palace...to wait.