A Different Dream
A Different Dream
Travel to Zinder Slope and speak with Seer Amaranda.
- Meet your party in Zinder.
- Rendezvous with Trahearne and Malyck.
- Follow Trahearne to the hermit's camp.
- Defeat the Nightmare Courtiers.
- Speak with Amaranda the Lonesome.
- Witness Amaranda's ritual, and discover Malyck's history.
Click here to edit the reward data
- All professions
- One of the following: Malign Chain Legs, Mighty Chain Legs, Resilient Chain Legs
- One of the following: Malign Seeker Pants, Mighty Seeker Pants, Resilient Seeker Pants
- One of the following: Malign Embroidered Pants, Mighty Embroidered Pants, Resilient Embroidered Pants
The mission is started by talking to Trahearne and Malyck. The player must follow them to Amaranda's camp, where something happens with a skritt, and Malyck begins to worry. The player then has to fight a bunch of skritt who are hiding in some bushes.
On the way are a lot of Nightmare Hounds. If followed carefully, the player doesn't have to fight most of them.
There will be some earthquakes, which will cause a herd of deer to stampede. Following the herd of deer is a herd of skelks.
When the player arrives at the camp, Meinir of the Beasts will have beaten up Amaranda and will say that she's going to hurt her real bad. After a chat session, the player will get attacked from behind by a large group of Courtiers and Hounds.
Then Amaranda will perform a magic spell to find out more about Malyck. After this, the Knight of Embers will appear and say that they will tell the Nightmare court. Trahearne tells the player to kill her immediately before she can tell them. She, however, will escape, leading to the next mission.
The player may then collect a reward.
- Amaranda the Lonesome
- Knight of Embers
- Sylvari Villager
- Sylvari Warden
When approaching Trahearne:
- Ellivena: Look! It's Trahearne—one of the firstborn. I've never met him.
- Sylvari Villager: He spends all his time in Orr. Don't you think he's...strange?
Speaking to Ellivena:
- Ellivena: Oh, hi. Sorry I didn't see you there.
Were you watching Trahearne? I think someone's got a crush...
- I do, I know! How silly of me, right?
- It's very sweet. I'm sure he'd appreciate the attention.
- It's all right. I understand.
Only after encouraging Ellivena to speak to Trahearne:
- Ellivena runs to Trahearne.
- Ellivena: Oh, my. You're really him. Trahearne.
- Trahearne: Um...yes. I suppose I am. Hello.
- Ellivena runs off.
- Ellivena: Ooh. That was Trahearne! I dreamed I'd meet him!
- Sylvari Warden: How odd. What was that about?
Upon speaking to Trahearne:
- If didn't talk to Malyck yet:
- Trahearne: Excellent, <Character name>, you're here. Let's collect Malyck and head out.
- I'm ready. Let's go.
Where is he? Shouldn't you keep him with you, Trahearne?
- Discovering the truth is difficult, Valiant. We must treat him kindly.
- I'm ready. Let's go.
- If already talked to Malyck:
- Trahearne: I see you've found our wayward friend.
- So I have.
Upon speaking to Malyck:
- Malyck: It's good to see a friendly face.
- I'm glad to be here. Come, let's find Trahearne. (if didn't talk to Trahearne yet)
- Looks like we're all ready. Come on. (if already talked to Trahearne)
Cinematic with Trahearne and Malyck:
- Trahearne: My friend Amaranda spends her life meditating on the Dream. She understands its nature more than any other mystic of firstborn.
- <Character name>: If she studies the Dream, why does she live so far from the Grove?
- Trahearne: Because she is so sensitive to it. She can feel every ebb and flow, like the tide feels the moon. Only far from the Tree can she gain perspective.
- Malyck: And this woman—your friend—you believe she can help me?
- Trahearne: Yes. If the Nightmare Court has robbed you of your memory and connection to the Dream, Malyck, she will heal you.
- Malyck: And if they have not? What answer will she give us then?
- Trahearne: Something true. The Dream cannot lie. That is its nature.
- <Character name>: It's all right. No matter what happens, we'll be with you.
- Malyck: Very well, then. Let's go.
Talking to your allies while travelling:
- Malyck: We need to follow Trahearne.
- Trahearne: Stay close, Valiant. I sense danger ahead.
- I will, Trahearne.
On the way to the hermit's camp:
- Wounded Skritt: Help! Someone help!
- Wounded Skritt: Oh, my ears and whiskers!
- Wounded Skritt: Ow! Pain! Ow!
- Trahearne: The skritt are in trouble. We must lend them aid.
- Malyck: These rats? Are they your pets?
- Trahearne: All life is sacred, Malyck. Come, let's see what's happened.
- Wounded Skritt: It worked. Get 'em!
After defeating the skritt:
- Malyck: What are these treacherous creatures?
- Trahearne: Be careful. Skritt are usually friendly, but I would never call them 'tame.'
- Trahearne: Thorn wolves! The Nightmare Court must be close by.
- Malyck: Did you feel that?
- Trahearne: Yes. Some magic is causing the earth to shake. Be cautious and move quickly.
- Malyck: What was that sound? If came from up ahead.
- Trahearne: Be cautious. Something's not right here...
- Trahearne: Watch out, it's a stampede! Stand your ground, stay together.
After defeating the skelks:
- Malyck: Something startled them, likely on purpose.
- Trahearne: Agreed. Our enemies are here...somewhere.
Approaching the hermit's camp:
- Malyck: Look, there. Those fires didn't start themselves.
- Malyck: The Nightmare Court arrived before us.
- Trahearne: Then we'll let them know they're unwelcome.
- Malyck: Good. Come on, scholar. I'll lead the way.
- Amaranda the Lonesome: Aiee! Intruders! Help! Help!
- Meinir of the Beasts: Sit still and shut up. We'll let you go...after we capture the harbinger.
Cinematic confronting Meinir of the Beasts:
- Meinir of the Beasts: My mistress, the Knight of Embers, was right! She knew you'd bring the harbinger to this false seer.
- Meinir of the Beasts: Thank you. You've done most of my work for me!
- Trahearne: If you've hurt Amaranda, you will find that the wrath of a firstborn is something to fear!
- Meinir of the Beasts: How quaint. Are you going to hit me with a book?
- Meinir of the Beasts: You're not Caithe. You're not even one of the Wardens. What are you, Trahearne? A useless scholar studying a dead land?
- <Character name>: And what are you but Nightmare's pawn? Watch where you're setting fires, or your own house may burn.
- Meinir of the Beasts: Enough. The harbinger's coming with me—with or without your agreement.
- Meinir of the Beasts: I know which I'd prefer. Courtiers! To battle!
After the cinematic:
- Meinir of the Beasts: Capture the harbinger, kill the others. A simple task.
- Meinir of the Beasts: Your life belongs to the Grand Duchess. She will find you!
Cinematic after defeating the Nightmare Court:
- Amaranda the Lonesome: Trahearne, my friend! I thought you were another vision. You're real? You're here?
- Trahearne: Be at peace, Amaranda. Are you injured?
- Amaranda the Lonesome: Only in spirit. I could feel nightmare's icy grip! But now it is gone, and I am warm once more.
- Trahearne: We came seeking your wisdom. This sylvari, Malyck, cannot remember his Dream. Can you help him?
- Amaranda the Lonesome: Gladly. Here, let me look upon you, sapling. Let me gaze into your eyes.
- Amaranda the Lonesome: A distant shore—and darkness. A root, a cave...you. You are the seed. What Ronan knew and never told still lingers in the Dream.
- Malyck: What does that mean?
- Trahearne: It means my fears are well founded. You were not born of the Pale Tree, Malyck. We cannot see your Dream; you cannot see ours. I must return to the Grove and speak to the Pale Tree.
- Knight of Embers: Now I, too, understand.
- Knight of Embers: When the grand duchess hears this, she will send the whole court after you, Harbinger!
- Knight of Embers: She will never stop! Not even when the Grove itself is bathed in blood!
- Malyck: Whatever you've discovered, Trahearne, the Nightmare Court now knows as well.
- Trahearne: Only the Knight of Embers. If we stop her before she reaches the grand duchess, we can keep this information from the court.
- Malyck: But we were to meet Caithe at the Pale Tree!
- Trahearne: There is no time. We must track down this knight and silence her. Immediately.
Speaking to your allies:
- Amaranda: It's good to see Trahearne once more. He so rarely comes back to the Grove...
Really? Is there some reason Trahearne stays away?
- Oh, yes. Most sylvari simply don't understand his Wyld Hunt in Orr. "Impossible" is a kind word. "Laughable" is more common...
Laughable? How rude! Don't they have any confidence in the Dream?
- Well put, <Character name>. I knew I liked you.
- Can I ask you something else?
- Thank you for your time, Seer Amaranda.
- Poor Trahearne! That must be hard on him.
You seem tremendously insightful. Have you forseen
- The Dream often whispers of you. Your choices will shape this world. You will know great sorrow—and great victory.
- May I ask you another question, Seer?
- That's amazing. Thank you for telling me.
Has the Dream told you anything about Malyck?
- Malyck feels strange—almost as if he did not exist at all. The thought... frightens me.
- Fascinating. May I ask you something else?
- Sorry I troubled you, Amaranda. Thank you for your time.
- It was very nice to meet you.
- Malyck: The Seer's information was of great help. I'm glad you talked me into this.
What will you do after we defeat the Knight of Embers?
- I'll find my way home. After seeing this—your closeness—the Dream... perhaps I want that for myself.
- I hope we'll see you again.
- You're welcome.
- Trahearne: Malyck is both sincere and determined. A very good friend to have—and he is lucky, as well, to know you.
Will you fight the Knight of Embers with us, Trahearne?
- Yes. She must be stopped before she uses this information to do real harm.
- Glad to hear it.