From Guild Wars 2 WikiJump to navigationJump to search
- Wizard's Fief
Click to enlarge.
The Wizard's Tower is a floating structure that once resided off Kessex Peak during Guild Wars, at the central southern edge of modern Kessex Hills, where it was targeted by individuals such as Galrath for the secrets it supposedly held within in 1072 AE. The cult of the rogue necromancer Verata was also found near the tower after the Searing although it is unknown if Verata and his cult sought the secrets of the tower as well.
The tower has since been relocated by its potentially new owner, Isgarren, to the southeastern edge of Kessex Hills where it presently looms over the town of Garenhoff. The tower was once rumored to house magical tomes and artifacts.
- Despite its similarities with the Wizard's Folly tower in Ascalon, narrative designer Jeff Grubb has stated that there is no relation between the two towers. The interview also teases that the Wizard's Tower may have relocated to both be at a safe distance from populated areas while experimenting with particularly powerful energies and to move away once something has gone "horribly, horribly wrong."
- Narrative designer Peter Fries has joked that the Wizard's Tower has a shocking and terrible secret.
|The Guild Wars Wiki has an article on Wizard's Tower.|
- ^ The Villainy of Galrath
- ^ Lore interview with Jeff Grubb, GuildMag.com
- ^ Dolyak Express Jan 10, 2014, Old Guild Wars 2 Forums (Archived)
- ^ Clips of Peter Fries and Josh Foreman teasing about the secret of the Wizard's Tower during developer streams, YouTube.com