A summon is a game element created through the actions of the player. Summons can be created via skills, runes, sigils, or consumables. The two most common types of summons are NPCs and objects. All professions have access to some kind of summon, and all races have at least one racial skill that allows them to summon allies.
- Primary article: Summon
Summoned allies are non-player characters allied to the player. These NPCs can be targeted, have their own health bar, and can be affected by skills that target allies. Summoned allies typically have their own set of attributes, which can either be fixed or dependent on the level or attributes of the player.
Types of summoned allies
- Spirit weapons
- Spirit Weapons are ghost-like allies summoned by guardians using utility skills. After creating a spirit weapon, the summoning skill is replaced by a sequence skill that will cause the spirit weapon to perform a powerful attack. Guardians can maintain up to three spirit weapons each of which follow the caster and can be attacked by foes; these allies survive for 20 seconds, or until it is killed.
- Turrets are mechanical automatons built by engineers. Turrets are immobile and prioritize their creator's current target. As engineer skills, turrets offer unique tool belt skills. They can also be detonated by the engineer, hindering enemies or healing allies within a small radius.
- Gyros are mechanical automatons (similar to, but distinct from, the asuran golems) created by the scrapper elite specialization available to engineers. Little is currently known about them, save that they have a limited duration and can be detonated (like turrets), whilst also granting special tool belt skills based on their purpose.
- Nature spirits are immobile spirit allies summoned by rangers. Each spirit provides a passive buff to nearby allies and enables a sequence skill used to harm foes or support allies.
- Fellow thieves
- Fellow thieves are summoned by thieves using various skills and once summoned they will fight alongside the player until slain or their duration expires.
- Elementals are summoned by elementalists using a Glyph of Elementals or Glyph of Lesser Elementals; the type of elemental is determined by the caster's current attunement: air, earth, fire, and water. Elementals last for 60 seconds or until slain.
- Illusions are mind tricks that mesmers manifest physically using a weapon or utility skill, and they have the same appearance as its caster; although, they are usually directed at a specific target, anyone can see and attack them. They can only exist so long as their target is alive and can only be dispelled by the caster or by foes attacking the illusion(s). Mesmers can maintain up to three illusions at any one time with newer ones replacing the oldest ones regardless of the health of the existing summons.
- Minions are dead flesh and bones animated by necromancers using the power of death. Minions follow the caster with the exception of the wurm. Once summoned, the minion will automatically attack hostile targets, can be influenced using a corresponding sequence skill, and can be resummoned without a corpse if destroyed. Necromancers can create up to six different minions, depending on their build.
- Hounds of Balthazar
- Humans can summon two Hounds of Balthazar via the Hounds of Balthazar elite racial skill.
- Primary article: Bundle
Like all objects, summoned objects can be targeted and have a yellow health bar, if applicable. Most players will encounter summoned objects through conjure weapons, banners, and bundles from consumable items. Static objects include turrets and siege weapons, the latter which can be interacted with.
All professions have access to a summon of some kind.
|Elementalist||Elementals and conjure weapons|
|Engineer||Turrets and Gyros|
Runes and sigils
|Golem||Superior Rune of the Golemancer|
|Minion||Superior Rune of the Lich|
|Parrot||Superior Rune of the Privateer|
|Rock Dog||Superior Rune of the Ogre|
|Ravens||Superior Rune of the Mad King|
|Fleshreaver||Sigil of Demon Summoning|
|Ember||Fire Elemental Powder|
|Ogre Pet||Ogre Pet Whistle|
|Thumper Turret||Deployable Thumper Turret|