- 1325 AE
- Personal story
- Forming the Pact
- The Mire Sea
The Great Lodge
- Make another suffer
- Preceded by
- The Battle of Fort Trinity
- Followed by
- Temple of the Forgotten God
Loading screen in The Mire Sea
Loading screen in The Great Lodge
Free Crusader Apatia from the krait slave tower.
- Meet Trahearne near the krait city.
- Avoid the tainted water while traveling to the tower.
- Fight your way into the krait tower.
- Climb to the top of the krait tower.
- Defeat the undead Head Slaver Nymfassa.
- Climb to locate Apatia's cell.
- Release Apatia and end her suffering.
Tell Apatia's legend at Hoelbrak's Great Lodge
- Travel to the Great Lodge in Hoelbrak
- Proclaim the legend of Crusader Apatia
Click here to edit the reward data
- All professions
- Bag of Loot (3)
Follow Trahearne's lead slowly along the wooden walkways, fighting the groups of Risen Krait as they appear. Falling into the water will inflict you with Poisoned which is potent enough to kill you after a few seconds.
When you reach the tower, head up and continue to kill the Risen Krait. At the very top you will find Head Slaver Nymfassa (a champion), who you can quickly kill even without help from your allies (they can get stuck on the adjacent beam until after the cinematic).
Cross over to where Apatia is imprisoned. Since she has caught the Risen affliction, you must kill her - a single hit is sufficient.
Map travel to Hoelbrak's Great Lodge to finish the mission by talking to Trahearne.
- In The Mire Sea
- In The Great Lodge
At the Mire Sea
Meeting with Trahearne
- Trahearne: Let me be clear: our goal here is to find and retrieve our missing comrade, Apatia.
- Trahearne: This place reeks of Zhaitan's touch, so don't take unnecessary chances. Stay alert.
- Trahearne: We move fast, we stick to the surface, and we stay together. Let's begin.
Reaching the outer area of the tower
- Trahearne: As I feared: the water's toxic. Quickly, get up onto those gangplanks!
Upon reaching outer area of the tower (cinematic):
- Trahearne: Stay out of these waters. I recognize the stench of this particular Orrian corruption. It's more toxic than any poison.
- <Character name>: I wonder if that's what happened to the krait. When I was here before, they were swarming over this whole place.
- Trahearne: We can't assume they're gone. If the corruption killed them, they likely rose as fresh undead.
- Trahearne: Follow me, everyone. Single file, and watch your step: I don't want anyone falling into this water.
Talking to your allies on the way to the tower
- Trahearne: Steer clear of the water as we progress, Commander. It—and everything that hides beneath its surface—is potentially lethal.
- Don't worry about me. Let's find Apatia.
- Agent Zrii: Ive got you covered, Commander. You keep an eye out for the enemy, and I'll keep an eye on you.
- Crusader Afanen: Watch your step, Commander. That water looks like it'd kill you quicker than any blade.
- I'll be careful. Let's keep going.
- Explorer Hekja: This place is like a plague pit stuffed inside of a slaughtzerhouse. It's no place for a norn hunter. We've got to get Apatia out of here.
- We will. Keep moving.
On the way to the tower
- Trahearne: Stay alert. I don't like the look of that water...or what might be in it.
- Trahearne: The orb was the only thing protecting these krait from Zhaitan's influence, and now it will protect Fort Trinity.
At the krait tower
- Trahearne: This place is littered with undead. We'll have to fight our way to the top.
Talking to Trahearne while climbing the tower
- Trahearne: The higher we go, the greater the danger. If the fall doesn't harm you, the tainted water will.
- Let's keep going up, then.
Near the top of the krait tower:
- Trahearne: The presence I sensed is up this beam. It may be the source of all this corruption.
Finding the slavemaster
- Trahearne: There's the slavemaster. Subdue her!
During the fight with the slavemaster
- Head Slaver Nymfassa: Come to join your friend? She loves our hospitality.
- Head Slaver Nymfassa: Apatia, wasn't it? She gave us her name and rank, between all the screaming.
- Head Slaver Nymfassa: Orr will claim you. Zhaitan will consume you all!
- Head Slaver Nymfassa: Victory is yours...but Apatia is ours.
After defeating the slavemaster
- Crusader Afanen: I see her. She's in that cage across the way.
- Agent Zrii: We'll have to climb down to reach her. There should be a beam connecting to her cage.
Reaching the platform below the slavemaster
- Trahearne: Apatia is at the top of this beam. Come on.
Talking with Trahearne
- Trahearne: Apatia must be above us somewhere. Spread out and check each of those beams carefully. There has to be a way to ascend.
- Will do, Marshal.
Reaching Apatia's cage (cinematic)
- Trahearne: By the Pale Tree...Zhaitan's corruption has claimed Apatia as well as the krait.
- Crusader Afanen: Is she...aware? Is Apatia still in there, suffering, or is she just a mindless husk? Either way, this is a cruel end for a noble hunter.
- Agent Zrii: It doesn't have to be the end. Having an undead captive to study—especially one we knew well—could be a huge boon to the Pact
- Crusader Afanen: Don't be ridiculous. There's nothing here that we couldn't get from any one of a thousand other undead. Apatia's gone and we have to set her spirit free.
- <Character name>: And when we're done here, we travel to Hoelbrak to tell her legend to the skaalds so she'll be remembered forever.
- Trahearne: That is the norn way. Very well. Apatia admired you greatly, Commander, so you should be the one to put her to rest. Then, to Hoelbrak.
After putting Apatia to rest
- Trahearne: Rest well, brave norn. May the Spirits of the Wild guide you to the Mists.
- Crusader Afanen: Marshal Trahearne? Should we accompany you to Hoelbrak?
- Trahearne: Not necessary. You three return to Fort trinity. The Commander and I will take it from here.
Talking to your allies
- Trahearne: Thank you for suggesting we return to Hoelbrak. Apatia deserves a proper send-off, and this is the perfect way to give it to her.
It's the norn way. Their deeds live on in songs and stories.
- Then that's what Apatia shall have. Our invasion of Orr is almost ready to begin, but before it does, we must honor the fallen and inspire those that remain.
- I'll meet you in the Great Lodge.
- Agent Zrii: Sorry about Apatia. She was a bit of a yokel, but she was a great soldier. Please don't take my earlier remarks as malicious. I was just being practical.
- No harm done, Agent. I know you respected Apatia.
- Crusader Afanen: Apatia was a fine soldier. I hope her hunt continues in the Mists
- It will. And we will continue to sing of her legend here.
- Explorer Hekja: Thank you for setting Apatia free. When Zhaitan falls, I'll drain an entire keg dry in one pull to honor her bravery.
- She'd like that.
In the Great Lodge
Entering the Great Lodge in Hoelbrak (cinematic)
- Trahearne: Hear me, Hoelbrak. I sing of Apatia, and the legend she forged. She was many things: a Lionguard, a soldier, a hero, a friend.
- Trahearne: She joined the Pact because fighting one dragon was not enough. She was determined to fight them all: Jormag, Zhaitan, and any that follow.
- Trahearne: She repeatedly proved her valor and worth at Claw Island, killing scores of undead and saving hundreds of innocent lives.
- Trahearne: Moreover, she helped recover an artifact that now shields Fort Trinity from Zhaitan's influence. She gave us the footing we need to strike down the dragon.
- Trahearne: Apatia's life ended on that mission, but her glorious legend lives on. Now, hear the words of the last person to fight by her side. Commander?
- <Character name>: Let the bards sing and the skaalds proclaim her glorious name forever. Join me now, until the Shiverpeaks themselves ring with the sound: Apatia!
After the cinematic
- Local (1): Hail, Apatia! Her legend will live on!
- Local (2): To Apatia!
- Local (3): Apatia!
- Apatia's Axe is placed in the characters personal story tab of the Hero panel at the end of this story segment.
- Apatia will speak normal dialogue if you run ahead of the group to her.