Upgrade and infusion slots
- See also: Infusion
Ascended trinkets do not have an upgrade slot, instead each have stats comparable to having a "built in" jewel of ascended quality. Ascended weapons have a standard upgrade slot. With few exceptions, every ascended item also has an infusion slot. Infusions add small attribute bonuses, agony resistance, and/or other unique bonuses.
Infusion slots come in three varieties (offensive, defensive, or utility), which restrict the type of infusion that can be inserted. Note that adding an infusion to an item is not the same as creating the "infused" version of that item (the two are separate and cumulative).
Two-handed weapons have two infusion slots instead of one.
- Primary article: Ascended armor
Ascended armor is crafted at Grandmaster rank in the appropriate crafting discipline or dropped rarely from anything that can provide Ascended crafting material
- Primary article: Ascended weapon
Ascended weapons are crafted at Grandmaster rank in the appropriate crafting discipline or dropped rarely from anything that provides Ascended crafting material.
- Primary article: List of ascended trinkets
Ascended rings rarely drop from Fractals of the Mists daily reward chests. Ascended trinkets can be purchased or crafted the following ways:
|Laurel Vendor||WvW Laurel Vendor||BUY-4373||Guild Commendations||Mystic Forge|
|Amulet||30||20 + 250||Triforge Pendant|
|Ring||35||25 + 250||10|
|Accessory||40 + 50||40 + 50||12 + 5|
|Backpiece||1,850 1||Ascended Recipes|
- All ascended trinkets are unique, meaning you cannot equip two identical trinkets at the same time.
- No additional tiers are planned after Ascended, but there are plans to enhance or gain items within the existing rarity design whose properties continue on a shallow power curve. Future progression will also be based on earning newly introduced skills.
- Ascended weapon boxes can drop anywhere Ascended materials or items can be found, including the Fractal Daily Chest and Champion Boxes.
- In the storyline of Guild Wars, Ascension was a rite that players had to go through in order to gain the Gift of True Sight, which allowed them to see and fight the mursaat. To defend against the Spectral Agony used by the foes, players could infuse their armor, similar to using infusion against the Agony effect of bosses in Fractals of the Mists.
- Ascended Rings and back items were introduced with The Lost Shores and were originally available only in Fractals of the Mists. Amulets were introduced with Flame and Frost: Prelude, and accessories with Flame and Frost: The Gathering Storm.
- Originally, the stats on ascended items were displayed in two parts: the base attributes and the upgrade-equivalent values. The May 28, 2013 update changed the display so that each attribute appears only once.