The in-game mail system is a means of sending and receiving messages from other players. The mailbox is accessed via the UI (top left corner by default). It is possible to send items and money through the messaging system to other players. Players may not delete messages if there are any items or coin attached. Mail system use is shown by a carrier pigeon for both sending and receiving messages.
Completing renown hearts, getting 100% map completion of explorable zones, reaching certain points in your personal story, and reaching the minimum level to play in a dungeon will trigger receiving mail from various NPCs. Renown heart mail will give you varying amounts of money and 100% map completion mail will be a congratulatory letter from the Tyrian Explorers Society for the area.
- The maximum length of the subject line is 31 character; messages can be no longer than 511 characters.
- You cannot send mail to your own characters.
- The amount of coin and items you can receive is capped for newer accounts.
- You can only have 10 player-generated messages in your mailbox at any given time. Your current volume is denoted as
- Once your mailbox has reached this limit, you will not receive any mails that have been sent; mail beyond the limit will be queued to a backlog and received after you delete items in your inbox.
- A full inbox will also prevent deliveries of Gem Shop purchases and certain other in-game messages. To prevent this from happening, keep your inbox as empty as possible.
- You can send emails (and items or coin) to players on other worlds and even across regions, e.g. from a North American server to a European one.