- This article is about the trophy items. For the information about Junk rarity, see Item.
Junk items are trophies that mostly drop from slain enemies and have no utility other than being sold for coin at merchants. Junk items can be identified by grey colored text in the item's tooltip. They cannot be salvaged and will stack with themselves. All junk items are soulbound to the character upon pickup.
Most junk items dropped from enemies are split between 3 different tiers, similar to the manner crafting materials and salvage items, allowing stronger monsters of the same type drop different and more valuable loot.
Junk item tiers often have similar names (or even the same name, such as Hoof), but are worth different prices.
A few trophies that are used for events are incorrectly labeled as junk items.
Some crafted bags, such as Oiled Leather Packs, will fill with junk items before other items if possible.
List of junk items
As well as untiered junk items:
- Chunk of Crab Meat (dropped by crabs)
- Dandelion Blossom (from gathering plant nodes)
- Unidentifiable Object (found in certain containers)
- Bottle of Rum (found in Gift from Mawdrey II)
These items are given as a result of using low level gathering tools on a higher level node.
These items are used in events, but can also be sold.
- Isaiah Cartwright, an ArenaNet employee, said that they decided to have junk items in Guild Wars 2 because they add some flavour to the game in that the junk items you get correspond to the the loot your foe dropped, giving you a sense of where you've been and what you've done.
- ^ Interview mit Izzy Cartwright - Guild Wars 2 @ gamescom 2011 [HD], interview with Isaiah Cartwright at gamescom 2011 [verification requested]