- This article is about the user interface. For the achievement, see Hero (achievements).
- Combat view - selected by default or by selecting the crossed swords in the middle-top of the panel. Allows selection of combat equipment and displays information which affects gameplay.
- Town Clothes view - selected by selecting the top hat and cane icon in the middle-top of the screen. Allows selection of town clothing.
- Dye view - in either of the above views, the color dropper icon allows dye to be applied to the currently equipped armor or clothing.
 Combat view
The middle of the panel gives a close up look at your character. To the left are slots with icons representing the armor currently worn on that part of the body. Underneath that are your weapon sets.
To the right of the equipment view, detailed information about the character is given. Any stat modified by dynamic level adjustment is given in green next to the actual stat. From top to bottom, left to right:
- actual level
- an icon indicating the profession
- an icon indicating the current personality
- attribute values and effective values in green
- character statistics: attack, critical chance, armor and health
The far left of the tab shows items in your inventory which can be equipped. Equipment can be dragged and dropped from here to the corresponding slot.
 Town clothes view
No statistics are shown on the town clothing view. There is a view of the character in town clothing with slots showing icon representations of the clothing currently worn on that part of the body.
The left of the tab shows items which can be equipped. It is the same as for the combat view.
 Dye view
- Primary article: Dye
In the dye view the player can apply different color dyes to clothing and armor. The left of the tab is replaced with a panel with dye color swatches and the armor icons are replaced with representations of the colors currently applied to the item.
 Skills and traits
This tab allows you to view and pick skills and traits for your character and quickly view how many unspent skill points and trait points the character has. There are three views here; weapon skills, slot skills and traits.
 Weapon skills view
The weapon skills view shows the different weapons available for the character, the skills associated with that weapon and the progress towards unlocking them. Mousing over a skill brings up the skill tool tip.
 Slot skills view
The slot skill view displays information about the character's healing, utility and elite skills. Here the player can unlock skills using unspent skill points by clicking once on the skill to be unlocked and a second time to confirm the unlock. Each locked skill is shown with a greyed out icon with an overlay of the skill point cost. An unlocked skill is shown with a full color icon.
Utility skills are available to unlock in tiers, which require a number of skills at each tier to be unlocked before those in the next tier can be seen and unlocked. Each tier of utility skills are grouped together.
Unlocked skills in this view can then be dragged and dropped into the available skill slots so they can be used in combat.
 Traits view
- Primary article: Trait
Here the player can view the traits available for their character and spend trait points to improve their character. This tab becomes available for PvE and WvW characters at level 11 when traits are unlocked.
 My story
- Primary article: Personal story
This tab keeps track of events in the personal storyline. Each story step is given a page within this tab, completed steps are shown in white and an incomplete step is shown in green.
- Primary article: Crafting
This tab shows your crafting panel, including recipes, apprentices on specific crafting profession, and other associated stats.
- Primary article: Achievements
This tab keeps track of all available achievements and the character's current state in achieving each of them. Clicking on any achievement category expands it, listing specific achievements, their tiers and points earned in that achievement and the number of points possible from completing the next tier of the achievement.