- 1 Objectives
- 2 Tribulation Mechanics
- 3 Walkthrough
- 3.1 Start to Checkpoint 1
- 3.2 Checkpoint 1 to Checkpoint 2
- 3.3 Checkpoint 2 to Checkpoint 3
- 3.4 Checkpoint 3 to Checkpoint 4
- 3.5 Checkpoint 4 to Checkpoint 5
- 3.6 Checkpoint 5 to Checkpoint 6
- 3.7 Checkpoint 6 to Checkpoint 7
- 3.8 Checkpoint 7 to Cloud save 1
- 3.9 Cloud save 1 to Checkpoint 8
- 3.10 Checkpoint 8 to Cloud save 2
- 3.11 Cloud Save 2 to Checkpoint 9
- 3.12 Checkpoint 9 to Boss
- 4 Achievements
- Super Adventure Box
- Team Score: X (refers to the number of foes killed)
- Warping in: 0:15
A high-level overview of the hazards in this zone:
- Flower Bomb - static flowers will detonate when players get too close, resulting in instant death. Flowers will not respawn.
- Helping Hand - some will turn into Hand Missiles that will fire at players, resulting in instant death.
- Jumping Rock - some boulders will jump into the air and knock back players, but there is a short delay between attacks during which they can be used as a platform.
- No Cloud - these clouds will electrify themselves after a few seconds.
- Tribulation Cloud - these clouds will follow a player shooting electricity and creating large AOE fields if you get too close.
- Spikes - touching these will result in instant death.
- Spears - like Spikes, but invisible until players get close. They can sprout from walls as well as the ground. Spears stay visible after first activation.
- Intangible Floors - sometimes the ground may not be stood upon (often indicated by changes in texture or elevated) and players will fall through onto spikes or lava.
- Checkpoint - if there are multiple players in the instance, then any player standing on a locked checkpoint will be attacked by the pipe-resulting in instant death.
Additionally, there are a few non-lethal mechanics:
- Balloon - these can be acquired by interacting with Balloon Pumps.
- Cloud Flag - using the Balloon's Unlock next to them will turn these into checkpoints.
- Note that it is not required to unlock the cloud flags to complete the zone.
- For Infantile and Normal Mode, see: Rapids
|Search YouTube for videos related to World 2 Zone 1 Tribulation Mode.|
This walkthrough details the path through the zone in tribulation mode in addition to the locations of all shops and the Stump.
Start to Checkpoint 1
Checkpoint 1 to Checkpoint 2
Checkpoint 2 to Checkpoint 3
Checkpoint 3 to Checkpoint 4
This section is the same in normal. Proceed across the bridge and jump down to the raft.
Checkpoint 4 to Checkpoint 5
This section is the same as normal mode as well. Ride the raft down the river.
Checkpoint 5 to Checkpoint 6
- Includes shop 1 for Tough Customer
Checkpoint 6 to Checkpoint 7
This section is almost the same as normal mode. There is an additional bouncing rock but nothing lethal.
Checkpoint 7 to Cloud save 1
- Includes tree stump for Woodpecker
Cloud save 1 to Checkpoint 8
- Includes shop 2 for Tough Customer
Checkpoint 8 to Cloud save 2
Cloud Save 2 to Checkpoint 9
Checkpoint 9 to Boss
The boss fight is the same as normal mode.
The third shop for Tough Customer obtainable in this map can be accessed any point after Cloud Save 1. You need to traverse backwards across the rapids which can be accessed right before shop 2. Returning to this area after right gaining checkpoint 8 is tricky but easily with Flower Launchers above checkpoint 9. Near the edge there is a single water spout. Use this to jump to the ledge. Follow the ledges down to the bauble and then continue left and up the cliff. From here use the bouncing pads and flower launchers to reach the shop.
- For Normal Mode achievements, see: Rapids#Achievements
|Connoisseur of Pain||Super Adventure Box: Tribulation Mode||75|
|Complete Zone 1, Zone 2, and Zone 3 in World 2 in Tribulation Mode.When will it end?
||1 Zone Completed in World 2 in Tribulation Mode||25|
|2 Zones Completed in World 2 in Tribulation Mode||25|
|3 Zones Completed in World 2 in Tribulation Mode||25|
|Tough Customer, World 2||Super Adventure Box: Tribulation Mode||25|
|Visit every World 2 shop in Tribulation Mode.You keep these merchants in business.
||1 Shop Visited in World 2 Tribulation Mode||2|
|2 Shops Visited in World 2 Tribulation Mode||2|
|3 Shops Visited in World 2 Tribulation Mode||2|
|4 Shops Visited in World 2 Tribulation Mode||2|
|Woodpecker||Super Adventure Box: Tribulation Mode||30|
|Destroy all tree stumps in World 2 Tribulation Mode.Take down the kingpin.
||1 Tree Stump Destroyed in World 2 Tribulation Mode||10|
|2 Tree Stumps Destroyed in World 2 Tribulation Mode||10|
|3 Tree Stumps Destroyed in World 2 Tribulation Mode||10|