Plays three notes.
— Vendor description
The Wooden Whistle is a seventh slot Super Adventure Box upgrade. After learning various songs, players can use it to activate various things, such as opening hidden doors or breaking nearby stalactites.
|7||Wooden Whistle||¼||Equip a wooden whistle.|
Scattered through World 2 are songs that, once learned, can be played for various effects.
|Secret Song||1-2-3-1-2-3||Learned in the secret shop in World 2, Zone 1, Area 8
|Gatekeeper Lullaby||3-3-2-3-3-1||World 2, Zone 3.||Learned in a secret area in World 2, Zone 2|
|Shatter Serenade||1-3-3-1-3-3||Learned in a secret area in World 2, Zone 3, Between checkpoint 6 and 7
- Earliest obtainable whistle is in World 2, Zone 1's hidden shop, which is located near checkpoint 7.
- "Learning" a song requires interacting with the object that teaches it to you; merely being aware of the correct notes is not enough.
- Using the Wooden Whistle skill will produce the Wooden Whistle "kit" immediately. However, until the animation for pulling out the whistle and putting it to your lips is finished, nothing you input will be counted as playing a song.
- This is extremely important when attempting to reach Moto's Finger and the hidden rooms adjacent to it; you have little time to play the song that opens the doorway when you're still producing the flute on the evaporating clouds in front of it. You may also enter the song flawlessly and wonder why it doesn't work.
- Players do not actually need to own the Wooden Whistle to learn the Secret Song or Gatekeeper Lullaby.