From Guild Wars 2 Wiki
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same or similar titles. If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.|
Key usually refers to a type of currency stored in an account's wallet. Key currencies are used to open random or event-generated chests that may appear at certain spots across entire maps:
- Zephyrite Lockpicks, used in Dry Top.
- Bandit Skeleton Keys, used in The Silverwastes.
- Pact Crowbar, used within Verdant Brink.
- Exalted Key, used within Auric Basin.
- Vial of Chak Acid, used within Tangled Depths.
- Machete, used within Dragon's Stand.
- Trader's Key, used within the Crystal Desert maps and Season 4 living story maps.
- Mistborn Key, used within Dragonfall.
It is also often used as a generic term for all items required to open certain 'chest' objects or start an event or interaction, or to 'unlock' container items to produce loot, even if their name does not contain the word 'key':
- Keys that open containers
- Keys used to open chests
- Mad King's Chest Key Fragment
- Completed Aetherkey
- Ornate Rusted Key
- Tricolor Key
- Aetherblade Cypher
- Molten Cypher
- Scarlet's Lockbox Cypher
- Toxic Cypher
- Watchwork Cypher
- Top Half of the Mistwrought Key
- Bottom Half of the Mistwrought Key
- Rata Novus Writ of Excellence
- Rolan's Master Key
- Tarnished Key
- Essence of Nightmares
- Skritt Key Fragment (1/3)
- Noran's Oiled Chest Key
- Kormir's Library Key
- Key Hoarder - Is not a key, but an effect signifying an enemy will drop a library key if defeated.
- The following are not keys used to open chests, but are used to reveal hidden chests:
- Keys used to start events
- Dwarven Key - Starts Kill the imp lord to stop him from summoning more imps and Slay the destroyer troll released from the tomb.
- Matrix Cube Key - Starts Defeat the misplaced steam ogre.
- Energy Crystal - Starts Protect Orl's research krewe.
- Other keys
- Alpha Inquest Control Key and Beta Inquest Control Key, that can be used for a series of object and NPC interactions within renown heart area in The Stychs.
- Key - A bundle used in Super Adventure Box.
- Some story items that appear only as part of chapter descriptions.
- Gear found across the game, usually trinkets with no visuals other than its inventory icon. Still, there are exception such as Priory's Historical Focus that is a large key, and Keepsake weapons prominently feature locks and keys.