From Guild Wars 2 Wiki
- Such a powerful place!
- Commune with this place of power.
- Leave it alone.
- You've learned all you can from this place of power.
- This hero challenge can be blocked by the Clear out Balthazar's temple (80) event which spawns a powerful Champion Avatar of Balthazar, requiring many people to complete it. If the event is ongoing, then Exalted Markings Mastery or a mesmer portal will be needed in order to enter as vines will block the way in otherwise. If it is not up, simply just walk right on in.
- You can easily avoid fighting the boss by using stealth skills like Shadow Refuge or Sneak Gyro and channel the hero challenge in stealth.
- The fire will deal damage around once per second, interrupting your channel. This can be avoided with a block or effects like Invincibility or Aegis (Stability does not work).
- The damage from the fire comes from an invisible enemy very slightly underground in the center of the fire. Killing this enemy will cause the fire to deal no damage whatsoever, allowing people to safely channel the hero point. This is especially useful when the event for killing the avatar bugs out.
- A Mesmer with a staff can cast Chaos Storm, wait for Aegis to apply, and then activate Signet of Inspiration to increase the length of Aegis to six seconds. This combination can be used to get anyone through the fire.