From Guild Wars 2 Wiki
- This article is about the mesmer skill. For the trait skill that previously had the same name, see Lesser Phantasmal Defender.
Apply boons in an area, and then summon an illusion that gives Illusion of Defense to nearby allies when it attacks.
— In-game description [?]
- Phantasmal Fury — Your phantasms have fury.
- Sharper Images — Illusions inflict bleeding on critical hits.
- Persisting Images — Phantasms have increased health and spawn with retaliation.
- Protected Phantasms — Phantasms gain distortion briefly upon creation. Illusions gain protection when you activate a shatter skill.
- Illusionary Inspiration — Phantasms grant regeneration to nearby allies. Summoning a phantasm casts Lesser Signet of Inspiration.
Will not trigger if you have no boons to share.
- Mental Defense - Cast Lesser Phantasmal Defender on your attacker when you successfully block or evade an attack.
- Phantasmal Haste — Phantasms attack more often.
- Illusionist's Celerity - Reduces recharge on illusion-summoning skills.
- Summons a phantasm called Illusionary Defender wielding a shield and no weapon (but does damage).
- With each of its attacks (at 5 sec intervals), the Illusionary Defender applies a 5s effect called Illusion of Defense to all allies. The effect is also applied to other illusions. Any direct damage taken by anyone with the Illusion of Defense buff will be split between them and the Illusionary Defender. Split damage may crit independently, and will trigger retaliation from the Illusionary Defender.
- When used underwater, the activation is second. ½
- The Illusionary Defender attacks every 4 sec with Phantasmal Haste.
- Well-timed use of this skill, coupled with Protected Phantasms, can negate a potentially lethal attack. With Persisting Images active, high power and multiple allies present, such an attack can be made lethal to the attacker instead.
- Contrary to the skill's description, it only applies Protection in an area, not all current boons.
- Phantasms have their own unique weapon strength that is independent of the player's equipped weapon rarity. The defender has a weapon strength midpoint of 690.5.
For a detailed skill history, see here.
|February 22, 2017||
|October 18, 2016||
|July 26, 2016||
|October 23, 2015|| Heart of Thorns release:
|June 23, 2015|| Specialization update:
|January 27, 2015||
|May 20, 2014||
|August 28, 2012|| Game release:
- The Illusionary Defender's shield resembles the Wall of the Mists.