In the Ruins
In the Ruins
- Blood Tribune Quarters
(The Blasted Moors)
- Loyal Soldier
- Preceded by
- Salvaging Scrap
- Followed by
- Graveyard Ornaments
In the Ruins (level 19)
Update Tribune Brimstone on your progress with the key.
- Speak with Tribune Brimstone in his office at the top of Imperator's Core.
Locate the treasure in Grendich Ruins.
- Meet your warband outside Grendich Ruins.
- Speak with Rytlock.
- Clear the area of ghosts.
- Search the courthouse for the treasure.
- Find a passage into the courthouse's lower levels.
- Search the aqueduct and clear it of enemies.
- Defeat the ghostly guardian, Stefan Baruch.
- Recover the hidden treasure.
- One of the following: Chainmail Armor, Ringmail Armor or Scale Hauberk
- One of the following: Rawhide Vest, Studded Leather Vest or Marksman's Jerkin
- One of the following: Cloth Coat, Linen Garment or Velvet Coat
First, meet with Rytlock in his office in the Black Citadel. He'll ask to join you and says to meet him at the Grendich Ruins.
You'll first meet your warband at the Grendich Ruins and tell them to secure the perimeter. Then, talk to Rytlock who will accompany you throughout the rest of the mission. Clear out the courtyard of ghosts, including a final group that attacks after killing the last group standing in the courtyard. Once the final group is dead, go to the courthouse area indicated on the map until the progress bar fills up. Unable to find the chest, Rytlock will mention that there are underground tunnels.
Outside of the courthouse area, kill the groups of ghosts that appeared and head to an Ascalonian statue to the right. Interact with the statue to open the gate to the aqueducts. In the aqueducts are objects to interact with: first a pile of rubble that causes a group of ghosts to appear, then another pile of rubble that spawns a group of oozes, then finally a rusted door that causes a second group of ghosts to appear. After slaying the last group of ghosts, Stefan Baruch, a champion ghost, will attack. After killing him, go up the stairs to find the treasure chest you've been looking for. Open the chest to complete the mission.
At Rytlock in his office:
- Rytlock Brimstone: I've been looking forward to your report, Legionnaire. How did it go with the scrappers?
- <Player Name>: We struck a bargain. I helped them, and now I've got both halves of the key. I'm ready to claim my legacy.
- Rytlock Brimstone: Good. I wonder what Argus thought was so important. And I've been cooped up in this office too long. Mind if I join you?
- <Player Name>: I'd be honored, Tribune Brimstone.
- Rytlock Brimstone: Excellent. I'll meet you out at the ruins—and call me Rytlock, soldier.
After meeting Rytlock at the Grendich Ruins:
- Rytlock Brimstone: Well, Legionnaire. Ready to claim your inheritance?
- <Player Name>: You know it, sir... Rytlock.
- Rytlock Brimstone: Let's go get it, then. But we need to clear out the ghosts first - they won't let us by without a fight.
- Rytlock Brimstone: I'm looking forward to it. I haven't had a good fight in... well, too long.
- <Player Name>: Then let's get started.
After searching the courthouse:
- <Player Name>: Burn me! I don't see any treasure. Maybe someone looted it already. Tell me we didn't come all this way for nothing.
- Rytlock Brimstone: We're not done yet. This is only part of Grendich Courthouse. There's also a reservoir that runs beneath the lower levels.
- <Player Name>: Sounds like the perfect place to hide valuables. Let's find a way into those lower passages.
Upon defeating the last group of ghosts and Stefan Baruch appears:
- Stefan Baruch: That's far enough. The courthouse is under my protection. No charr leaves here alive!
- Rytlock Brimstone: I was hoping someone would say that. C'mere, foggy, I've got a history lesson for you!
- <Player Name>: And since you ghosts are such slow learners, we're going to keep teaching it to you until it sticks.
After opening the treasure chest:
- <Player Name>: At last. The treasure. We did it, Rytlock!
- Rytlock Brimstone: Now I understand why Argus's warband couldn't split the prize! This is a Diessa Chalice, an old Ascalonian treasure. It may even be the last of them.
- <Player Name>: How do you know that? You don't look like a student of human culture.
- Rytlock Brimstone: Know your enemy, soldier. Besides, I've had to sit through more than a few human god-rants. Dwayna this, Grenth that. Meh.
- <Player Name>: I hear you. Thanks again for helping me find my sire's legacy.
- Rytlock Brimstone: You're welcome. It felt good to get out again. I'm starting to think I wasn't meant for office work.
- Rytlock Brimstone: Enjoy the chalice, soldier. You earned it. Just be ready to answer when I call. The next time I go out for some fresh air, I'll want you with me.
 My Story
- Diessa Chalices were unique trophies obtained in the Cathedral of Flames dungeon in Guild Wars Eye of the North.