Negotiate with the scrappers for the other half of the key.
- Talk to the leader of the suspicious scrappers.
- Confer with your warband.
Help the scrappers with their job.
- Meet Isola and Braugit at Wodron Glens.
- Follow Isola and Braugit.
- Talk to Isola.
- Defend the scrappers while they dig.
Click here to edit the reward data
- All professions
- One of the following: Malign Chain Legs, Mighty Chain Legs, Resilient Chain Legs
- One of the following: Malign Seeker Pants, Mighty Seeker Pants, Resilient Seeker Pants
- One of the following: Malign Embroidered Pants, Mighty Embroidered Pants, Resilient Embroidered Pants
Alone in the woods, you meet the two scrappers. As the three of you proceed to the digging site, Braugit reveals his fear of... cows. Not just any cows roam around the dig site, but Ghost Cows.
As the scrappers dig, you'll have to defend them from three, successively larger herds of cows. Be very careful of their charge attack. If they knock you down, they'll all gore you while you're down, making survival very difficult. Stability, minions, turrets, spirit weapons, illusions, or any other kind of distraction should help you survive. If your profession doesn't have any of these, hopefully you've mastered dodging, or else it's quite likely you'll find yourself defeated a couple times from the larger herds. Luckily, the cows don't attack the scrappers, so you can simply return and resume the fight if defeated. After three waves of cows, you'll face a Veteran Ghost Bull. Being only one of them should make dodging attacks much easier.
Once the the job is complete, the scrappers thank you and proceed to give you your half of the key, lampshading the subverted trope that they might be anything less than honest in their dealings with you.
At the suspicious Scrappers:
- <Character name>: I need scrappers for a salvage job. There's a treasure chest in Lamia Mire that I want found.
- Braugit: You're wastin' your time, soldier. We got there first. We've got salvage rights.
- <Character name>: That chest was my sire's. Your claim won't mean much when I open your necks. Now, are you willing to deal, or do I start killing?
- Isola: Calm down, soldier. We'll give you what we found in the chest and withdraw our claim...if you help us with another job to make up for it.
- <Character name>: Sounds fair. You deserve something for your trouble. I'm listening. Just don't make any more trouble for me.
- Isola: We won't. Meet us in Wordron Glens, and we'll explain the job there. Too many prying eyes here at the haven.
Speaking with your warband survivor:
- Clawspur: ??
- Dinky: Don't do it, boss. These jokers look like they'd steal the Khan-Ur's claw and sell it for bacon grease.
I made a deal, and I'm going to stick to it. That's final.
- Sure, sure. Just don't let 'em get behind you...or surround you...or linger in your blind spot...burn me, just keep 'em at a safe distance, okay?
- Consider it done. Now get back to the citadel. I'll meet you there.
If they betray me, I expect you to make them very, very sorry.
- Count on that! I'll load 'em into cannons and fire them at each other, point blank!
- That's what I like to hear. See you back at the citadel when this is all over.
You should just relax. And I've got brandy back at the barracks to help you do just that.
- Brandy? Don't think you can distract me with yummy treats. I mean, you can, but...oh, never mind. I need a drink.
- Then go get one, buddy. I'll see you soon.
- I'm still weighing my options. Stand by.
- Euryale: Sorry boss, but you going out there alone with these scrappers is unacceptable.
Accept it, Euryale. I'll be fine. These two couldn't take me in their wildest dreams.
- Fine. But if you come back in anything less than perfect health, I'm going to have a scrapper barbeque.
- Fair enough. I'll meet up with you back at the citadel.
I made a deal. But if it doesn't pan out, feel free to murder them in their beds.
- Oh, I will. But not for a long, painful time after I get my claws on them.
- Sounds like a plan. I'll see you soon.
Those are my orders. Now go back to the citadel and have a brandy. That's an order, too.
- All right. I'll go back, I'll relax, I'll have a drink. But I won't enjoy it.
- As long as you do it. See you soon.
- Quit worrying. Nothing they can do will stop me from coming back.
- Maverick: ??
- Reeva: Call me crazy, but going off alone with a couple of scrappers to do scrapper work sounds...well, it sounds a lot stupider than you normally sound. no offense.
None taken. You can relax, Reeva. These two are no threat to me.
If I am being stupid and this goes wrong, I expect you to avenge me.
- Done! One vendetta, coming right up!
- Thanks. Now head back to the Citadel and I'll see you soon.
If I was offended, I wouldn't be offering you the brandy I stashed back at the barracks.
- I'm still weighing my options. Stand by.
Meeting Isola at the Wodron Glens:
- Isola: Ready for work, boss? Here's the plan. There are Ascalonian artifacts under that rubble. We can't get 'em 'cause we keep getting attacked.
- <Character name>: Attacked? By what?
- Braugit: Don't laugh, okay? Okay? It's...it's cows! There, I said it! I dream about them coming for me in the night with their...their horrible death moos.
- <Character name>: Cows. You're afraid of...cows.
- Isola: Technically, these are GHOST cows. And don't pick on Braugit. He's got a thing about cows. And ghosts. So ghost cows are a real problem.
- Isola: Look, your job is simple. Keep the ghost cows off us, and we'll get the artifacts.
- <Character name>: And then you'll hand over the last part of my father's key? You're on, scrapper. Start digging, and leave the ghost heifers to me.
As you walk to the dig site:
- Braugit: They're not far. I can hear 'em. Mooing...that awful, awful mooing!
- Isola: So what if there's a few restless spirits 'round here. Ain't nothing you—uh—WE can't handle.
At the dig site:
- Isola: This is the spot. Lemme know when you're ready.
- Isola: Better watch yourself, boss. Ghost cows are a lot tougher than they look.
- Thanks for the tip.
- Isola: This is the place. Start hammering. We need to get these stones cleared.
- Braugit: But hammering will bring the ghost cows!
- Isola: Just do it. Let the legionnaire worry about the cows.
After the first wave of cows is defeated:
- Braugit: What's that? A ghost!
- Isola: Mind on your work, Braugit! Keep digging!
After the second wave is defeated:
- Braugit: Isola! Here come more cows! Help!
- Isola: Think about something nice, Braugit. Like bunnies or something. You like bunnies, right?
- Braugit: I do! Bunnies don't moo!
After the third wave is defeated:
- Braugit: I hear a cow coming! Make it go away!
- Isola: We've got it covered, Braugit. Trust the legionnaire to protect us.
After the veteran ghost cow is defeated:
- Braugit: I got the loot! We're rich!
- Isola: That's great, Braugit. Thanks for your help, Legionnaire. Here's your key, just like I promised.
- Isola: Don't look so surprised. What, did you think we were going to cheat you just because we're scrappers? We're smarter than that. Well, some of us are.
- <Character name>: Good. We're even, and I'm leaving. Listen, if you two ever come back to the Black Citadel, let me know and I'll buy you a drink. A whole meal, in fact.
- <Character name>: There's a ranch just outside the city. Fresh meat! What do you say, Braugit? How does a big, juicy steak and a glass of warm milk grab you?
- Braugit: Aaaaah!
- Upon completion, an Inheritance Key is placed in your story journal.