Cleanse this land. Restore what has been stolen. Confront Zhaitan's power, and give Orr a new beginning.
Reza was the son of King Zoran and succeeded him as the King of Orr. He encouraged a greater focus on spiritualism, magic and the arts, and possessed the Scepter of Orr for a time. Known to be a faithful follower of the human gods and a man of peace, he reluctantly sent Orr's armies to put an end to the fighting during the Guild Wars. Reza's actions left Orr to be poorly defended when the charr invaded in 1071 AE, which led his friend and advisor, Vizier Khilbron, to seek out the Forbidden Scrolls and cause the Cataclysm which sunk Orr.
After the Rising of Orr in 1219 AE, the Elder Dragon Zhaitan plundered the royal tombs in Azabe Qabar and used the bodies of Reza's family to create the Eyes of Zhaitan, with Reza as their Sovereign. As the most powerful Eye of Zhaitan, Reza was tasked with guarding the Artesian Waters, the source of Orr's magic. He was freed by Trahearne and the Pact Commander in 1325 AE, and bestowed upon the Commander the title "Champion of Orr".
Following the cleansing of the Artesian Waters and the fall of Zhaitan, Reza and his fellow liberated Orrian ghosts remained in Orr, fighting against the Elder Dragon's lingering corruption. They eventually moved to Siren's Landing where they hoped to activate the gods' reliquaries to achieve this end and joined forces with the sylvari Firstborn Dagonet and other Tyrian volunteers who had traveled to Orr to continue the work Trahearne had begun.
In 1330 AE, Reza was reunited with the Pact Commander who was pursuing Balthazar and the Eye of Janthir. He asked for the Commander's help in removing Zhaitan's corruption and reactivating the reliquaries. In exchange the king informed the Commander about how to access Abaddon's Reliquary where Balthazar and the Eye of Janthir had been seen heading towards.
- Chapter 6: The Battle of Claw Island
- A Light in the Darkness (as The Last King of Orr)
- Chapter 8: Victory or Death
|Bundle of Orrian Pearls||Service||Exotic||—||2,688|
|Mini Ley-Line Scavenger||Miniature||Rare||—||105,000 +|
|Relic of Melandru||Back item||Ascended||80||315,000 +|
|Recipe: Oysters with Cocktail Sauce||Recipe sheet||Masterwork||—||17,500 +|
|Crude Salvage Kit||Salvage kit||Basic||—||28|
|Basic Salvage Kit||Salvage kit||Basic||—||77|
|Fine Salvage Kit||Salvage kit||Fine||—||252|
|Journeyman's Salvage Kit||Salvage kit||Masterwork||—||2,800|
|Master's Salvage Kit||Salvage kit||Rare||—||5,600|
|Favor of Melandru||Trophy||Exotic||—||7,000|
- Favor of Melandru requires that the player has started the Aurora: Awakening collection, and is only available for purchase once.
- These poor Risen must be finite in number. If we return them all to the land, then perhaps we can bring Orr back to health. It is a worthy goal, don't you think?
- I'll see what I can do.
- Your knowledge of ley-line energy and these little creatures is nothing short of miraculous. We are fortunate you arrived when you did. May I replenish your supplies?
- Yes, thank you.
- I must be off. Good-bye.
- Reza is a Persian name meaning "contentment" or "satisfaction". Most notably, it was the second name of Mohammad Reza Pahlavi, the last Shah of Iran that was deposed in 1979 by the Iranian Revolution.
- Reza's Passage in the Ruined City of Arah is named after him.
- Reza is voiced by Chris Fries.
- Reza wears a unique headpiece, a Winged Mantle, a Conjurer Chest, Country Gloves, Conjurer Pants and Conjurer Shoes