From Guild Wars 2 WikiJump to navigationJump to search
- Mail received from Skimmer Trainer Ardra on a character that has completed the Path of Fire story upon entering a city or Eye of the North.
|Finding Sibaha||Crystal Desert||11|
|Tracking down Skimmer Trainer Sibaha and maybe learn something in the process.||1|
|Tracking down Skimmer Trainer Sibaha and maybe learn something in the process.||2|
|Tracking down Skimmer Trainer Sibaha and maybe learn something in the process.||3|
|Tracking down Skimmer Trainer Sibaha and maybe learn something in the process.||5|
|Step||Hint||Closest waypoint or point of interest||Note|
|1||Read Ardra's Letter.|
|2||Get more info from Ardra at the skimmer camp in Elon Riverlands.||Skimmer Ranch Waypoint —||Talk to Ardra in the Skimmer Ranch.|
|3||Check around Amnoon Harbor for leads on Sibaha's whereabouts.||Amnoon Waypoint —||Talk to Dockmaster Jonnick in Amnoon Harbor.|
|4||Find the mysterious charr in Desert Highlands.||Brightwater Waypoint —||Talk to Kall, south and slightly west of Brightwater Waypoint.|
|5||Find the "famous water djinn" or speak to someone who knows him.||Trader's Forum Waypoint —||Talk to Miyani, the assistant of the famous water djinn Zommoros.|
|6||Ask Moshpoipoi quaggan about Sibaha.||Watchful Waypoint —||Talk to Caretaker Laamaa inside a quaggan home in Moshpoipoi.|
|7||Help defend Moshpoipoi from the icebrood.||Watchful Waypoint —||Participate in Help the Moshpoipoi village guards defend against icebrood at Moshpoipoi.|
|8||Check back with Caretaker Laamaa.||Watchful Waypoint —||Talk to Caretaker Laamaa inside a quaggan home in Moshpoipoi.|
|9||Find the "helpful largos" in Whisper Bay.||Murmur Waypoint —||Talk to Aaminah. She is either in Kahloipoi Village, where players can talk to her; or trapped by the krait, requiring completion of Help the Kahloipoi guards rescue Aaminah to talk to her.|
|10||Help Aaminah deal with the Risen.||Murmur Waypoint —||Participate in any event Aaminah is part of.|
|11||Get information from Aaminah.||Murmur Waypoint —||Talk to Aaminah.|
|12||Search for Sibaha around krait-infested waters in Mount Maelstrom.||Oxbow Isle Waypoint —||Speak to Sibaha near the Restless Deeps poi, south-east of the waypoint. She's in a cage towards the top of the krait structure. Use the Launch Pad nearby.|
|13||Obtain a cage key from Sibaha's krait captors or from the nearby champion.||Restless Deeps —||Small chance from nearby krait. Guaranteed from the nearby Champion Krait Hypnoss.|
|14||Free Sibaha from her cage.||Restless Deeps —||Talk to Sibaha.|
|15||Meet Sibaha back in Lion's Arch.||Guild Bluff Waypoint —||Talk to Sibaha south of Guild Bluff Waypoint.|
|16||Earn silver placement or better on Sibaha´s Advanced Skimmer Course.||Guild Bluff Waypoint —||Earn silver or better at Sibaha's Advanced Skimmer Course adventure.|
- In Elon Riverlands
- Skimmer Trainer Ardra: You here to work? The ranch is running pretty well, but we can always use another strong set of hands.
- skimmers. What can you tell me?
I’m here about the stolen
- Thank you, Commander. Please, I need those skimmer back. Sibaha’s selfish act of thievery is unconscionable!
Why would she steal from the ranch?
- She was always experimenting without my permission, risking the lives of a species that’s nearly endangered already. Strange diets, unproven methods, odd training techniques...
So you fired her. Any idea where she went?
- Yes. I had to protect my investment. And this was her retaliation. I don’t know where she went, but to get far, she’d have to go to Amnoon Harbor for supplies first. Can you track her down?
- I’ll do my best.
- In Crystal Oasis
- Dockmaster Jonnick: I’m a bit busy right now.
- skimmers, goes by Sibaha?
I’m tracking a thief. Seen a woman with a pack of
- Hard to miss! Haggled over supplies like a used-sloop trader, but handled those skimmers as if they were family. Seemed determined to reach Lion’s Arch on skimmerback, storms and currents be damned!
- Yep. Grilled me for all I know about reading winds, predicting currents, tracking tides. Lost me with dynamics-this and bio-that. Wanted to talk to experts everywhere about skimmers and...everything.
- Huh. So, she went to Lion’s Arch...
- Interesting. Thanks for the info.
- In Desert Highlands
- (If A Bug in the System is complete)
- Kall: Commander? Good to see you. The Olmakhan heard there was an Inquest outpost here, figured I'd keep an eye on it. Can't seem to find it, though.
- I dealt with it.
- Oh, is that the one you blasted through to get to us? Good to hear. The fewer of them around, the safer we'll be.
- I'm tracking a thief. Seen a woman with a pack of skimmers? (same as below)
- Good to see you, too.
- (If A Bug in the System is not complete)
- Make it quick. Not out here to chitchat. Just giving my skimmers a break.
- charr out here... (if not charr)
I don't see many
- And you won't be seeing me much longer, either. We'll be on our way soon enough.
Where did you come from?
- You don't appear to be working for the Inquest, so I'll tell you this much—I'm searching for some friends. That's all you're getting.
- I don't see many other charr out here... (if charr, same as "I don't see many charr out here...")
- I leave you to it.
- (If Finding Sibaha is active)
- woman with a pack of skimmers?
I'm tracking a thief. Seen a
- Sure, I remember her. Jonnick sent her my way. Knew her skimmers, that's for sure. At least, they sure acted like they were her skimmers.
You're an expert, then. What did you talk about?
- My people grow up with skimmers. She wanted to know my experiences. Tips on training, handling, breeding. Observations on how they float, how they breathe, how they interact with riders in situations.
Hmm. Any idea where she is now?
- Gotta admit I enjoyed talking to her. But I needed to focus. She asked me so many questions about air and water, I said, "You want to know about the elements, why don't you ask a djinn?"
- Yeah. It was a joke, but this Sibaha...seems she takes everything seriously. Said there's a famous djinn she could get some answers from. Set out west. Across the sea.
- A famous djinn out west? That could only mean...
- In Lion's Arch
- Miyani: Ah, you're the one Zommoros invited to tour the Mystic Forge. Or are you here to see what I've got for sale?
- Sibaha. Did she come here?
I'm tracking a skimmer thief named
- Oh, yes. Pretty bold. Walked right into the Mystic Forge, no appointment. Zommoros was taken aback, of course. She questioned him on a range of topics that he deemed "tedious scientific nonsense."
How did he answer?
- He told me he directed the "presumptuous, condescending human with an unhealthy skimmer obsession" to subject matter experts in Moshpoipoi in Frostgorge Sound. Quaggans.
- quaggans in Lion's Arch. But... there are
- All right. Thanks.
- Maybe another time.
- Alternatively, in the Mythwright Gambit
- Zommoros: I promise, I'll explain, but not with that giant whatever-it-is threatening my forge!
Can we take a quick break to talk about Sibaha?
- The presumptuous, condescending human with an unhealthy skimmer obsession whom I never want to see again? No.
- She had the gall to just...show up! No appointment. No manners. Like I'm going to spend my valuable time discussing flying fish and tedious scientific nonsense.
- As though being able to control water makes me an expert in hydrodynamics or aerodynamics or geo, cryo, pyro... I don't know! So I sent her on a small journey to Moshpoipoi, to talk to quaggans instead.
In Frostgorge Sound? But...there are quaggans in Lion's Arch.
- Yes, but Frostgorge is much farther away.
- I can't argue with that.
- All right. Good to know.
- In Frostgorge Sound
- Caretaker Laamaa: Hoo, welcome. So long as you don’t bother the hatchlings, you can stay.
- Sibaha. Seen her?
I’m tracking a skimmer thief.
- Thief? Hmm. Quaggan met woman by this name. But before quaggan will share, quaggan asks your help. Risen are coming. Soon. Keep them from hatchlings!
- Moshpoipoi. I’ll defend
So about that skimmer thief...
- Thank yoOOouUu. Skimmer woman came by here, yes. Woman did not seem thief. Quaggan spoke to her. Woman smart. Bold. Very interested in little ones, how quaggan teaches and trains. But...
- Skimmer woman see largos. Largos not friendly like skimmer, quaggan warn. Largos scariest thing. But woman... excited by largos, and want to see.
Did the largos... Is she...?
- NooOOoo. Woman safe. Quaggan shares whispers of less scary largos in Whisper Bay. Largos that helps quaggan escape. Quaggan send skimmer woman there.
- Whisper Bay. In Orr. Not exactly “safe”...
- In Malchor's Leap
- Aaminah: Nothing exhilharates like tracking a worthy target.
Have you seen a woman with a bunch of skimmers?
- Help me on this hunt. Then, perhaps, I will share what I know of her.
- Got it.
Maybe you could tell me about the woman? (Same as above until an event has been completed)
- It's clear you're as singled-minded in your hunt as Sibaha was in hers. Before heading to Mount Maelstrom, she asked to observe my every movement. Intensely. Her notes were...intriguingly thorough.
Mount Maelstrom! Why there?
- She believed she learned all she needed. Pity the krait here are mad—she could've learned from them as well. So I mentioned that some of my fellows were hunting uncorrupted krait near Mount Maelstrom.
- And off she went. Of course. Well, Mount Maelstrom it is.
- In Mount Maelstrom
- Master Sdias: Don't worry, landwalker—you aren't my prey. Say what you will.
- (If unlocked the eighth step in Finding Sibaha)
Aaminah sent a human with some skimmers this way.
- Ah, yes. We saw them swimming toward the krait fortress a day or so ago. Never saw her leave, however. Probably dead.
- Damn. Okay, thanks.
- Sibaha: Hey! You. Let me out of here!
- Um. Have we met?
So, it's actually you?
- Yes. I'm actually me. And I'd ask who you are, but I'm a lot more interested in whether you're here to get me out of this cage. One of the nearby krait should have a key. Can you help?
- On it.
- Find a key yet?
- Yes. Here.
Hold on a moment.
- Thank you. Impressive work, dealing with those krait. Turns out they were a waste of my time. Nowhere near as informative as observing Aaminah.
- Ardra wants her skimmers.
You have no idea how hard I had to look for you.
- I suppose she told you I stole them. And, well, that's technically accurate. But it's not what it looks like. And I'll prove it.
Good idea. Because it looks like you're a thief.
- It's not about me. I want the skimmers to THRIVE. The knowledge I've gained, the experts I've consulted, the training techniques I've implemented... Meet me in Lion's Arch at my new camp. You'll see.
If I don't, I'm taking those skimmers with me.
- I promise you, it'll all make sense when you see the skimmers in Lion's Arch.
- Sure. In Lion's Arch then.
- It better, or there'll be consequences.
- In Lion's Arch
- Sibaha: Ah. Glad to see you made it.
All right, what's this all about?
- Lionguard let me set up on th beach here...it's not much...yet. Once people see what the skimmers can do, I've no doubt we'll be able to upgrade the facilities and ensure skimmers are never endangered.
Enough hinting. What CAN they do?
- You may ask too many questions. Hop on one. Find out. See if you can earn silver on the course. Then you'll understand.
- I don't have time for this.
- Earn at least silver on my little training course here, and I'll believe you have learned what you need to.
- All right, let's go.
So you put this all together from the people you met?
- I had seveal theories on helping the skimmers. Ardra never listened. Jonnick, Kall, Laamaa... even Zommoros... their information nudged me in the right direction. And once I saw Aaminah in the water...
She seemed...intrigued by your attention.
- She was incredible. Scientifically speaking. Even now I continue to refer to my notes on her. They're extensive. I should visit her again. She...
Fascinating. For you. But what about Ardra's skimmers?
- It's always about the bottom line with her. Not only will I compensate her, but she stands to gain quite a bit given that the demand for skimmers is about to skyrocket.
You did steal from her...
- I'll pay, but I won't apologize! If I hadn't "stolen" them, Ardra would be hoarding the last of a dying species, all for fear of "risking her investment." I wasn't going to let that happen!
- I hope it works out.
- I'll leave you to your notes.
- I see.
- Fair enough.
- Hey, impressive. You're a quick study. And now that you've seen how my skimmers move, you should be able to teach your own with a bit of effort.
- In Elon Riverlands after completing the collection
- Skimmer Trainer Ardra: Thanks for helping out at the camp. There's always more than enough work to do, so come back whenever you feel like spending some time with skimmers. Which should be always!
- skimmers. And Sibaha.
I found the
- So where are they?
- Lion's Arch.
She's training them to swim at her own camp in
- Swim? With a rider? Those are my... She had no right...! Hmm...but it WOULD increase their value and help pay for ranching expenses. I'll have to remind her where she got those skimmers!
- I'm sure you can work something out.
- Glad I could be of help.
- Only a character that has completed the Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire story will receive Ardra's letter. If the letter wasn't sent, the player can talk to Ardra to receive the achievement (works only on a character who has completed Path of Fire story).
- If you have changed your keybinds (specifically 'C'), the instructions for diving with your skimmer may be inaccurate. You can map the key to dive with your skimmer by going to Options > Controls and looking for Mount Ability 2.