Those who give in—those who eat the flesh of their own—become the boneskinner. It doesn't just consume you. It takes your voice, your last words, your dying screams... And it uses you to hunt.
Boneskinners are Aberrant minions of the Elder Dragon Jormag from norn legend that lurk around Bjora Marches. It is said that the Aberrant Forest hides dark and powerful magic related to the corrupted Wolverine which can drive people to madness-induced hunger. Those who succumb to this hunger eventually fall prey to cannibalism, becoming insatiable and hungering for more and more food as they slowly become a boneskinner.
Boneskinners are stalkers in the darkness that set traps, ambushes, throw their voice, and mimick previous victims to trick their prey before consuming them. While there are multiple Boneskinners lurking, they are solo hunters by nature, and are rarely found in groups.
At least one of the Boneskinners haunting the Aberrant Forest is a former kodan, who was friends with Bright Shore, who himself is slowly succumbing to insatiable hunger. Within the Aberrant Forest is a male norn Vigil soldier, muttering to himself with the bodies of other Vigil soldiers littered at his feet, possibly on his way to becoming a new Boneskinner.
- Bjora Marches
- Escort the relief crew to the Aberrant Forest (80)
- Defeat the Boneskinner (80) [Group Event]
- Defeat the champion of Wolverine (80) [Group Event]
- Teleports to Victims
- Next Victim - The boneskinner is preparing to take its next victim.
- Death Wind - Death Wind
- Leap -
- Grasp -
- Stolen skills
|Elaborate Totem||Crafting material||Rare||1|
|Heavy Bag of Supplies||Container||Basic||1|
| Boneskinner Flank
(only drops if the The Hunger collection is active)
(only drops if the Defeat the Boneskinner event is active)
- Concept art
- Daily Bjora Marches: Daily Bjora Marches Champion Hunter — Defeat a champion in Bjora Marches. (0)
- Whisper in the Dark: Bjora Marches Historian — Find and collect all the lore books in East Bjora Marches. (5 )
- Whisper in the Dark: Constant Vigilance — Defeat the boneskinner in the Aberrant Forest without losing any survivors. (5 )
- Whisper in the Dark: Hunting Champions — Defeat all the champion enemies in East Bjora Marches. (6 )
- Whisper in the Dark: Supernatural — Accompany the Vigil relief crew and defeat the boneskinner in the Aberrant Forest. (5 )
- Whisper in the Dark: The Hunger — Collect all the food Bright Shore desires. (10)
- Boneskinners were originally called Wendigo, referring to the Wendigo, a mythological spirit that originates from Algonquian tribes. They should not be confused with the unrelated Berserking Wendigo from Guild Wars: Eye of the North.
- The Boneskinner was teased during the Extra Life charity stream, with the text: "𝕊𝕌𝕄𝕄𝕆ℕ 𝕋ℍ𝔼 𝔹𝕆ℕ𝔼𝕊𝕂𝕀ℕℕ𝔼ℝ : At $100k we'll reveal the date and title of the next Living World episode!"
- A teaser video was shown after hitting the $100k mark.
- Associated items
- Boneskinner Rib Remnant
- Boneskinner Spine Remnant
- Boneskinner Totem Remnant
- Boneskinner Tonic
- Boneskinner's Rib
- Boneskinner's Spine
- Boneskinner's Totem
- Empowered Boneskinner's Rib
- Empowered Boneskinner's Spine
- Empowered Boneskinner's Totem
- Endless Boneskinner Tonic
- Mini Boneskinner
- Prize of the Boneskinner
- ^ Sweet Surrender: Become a boneskinner.
You have accepted Jormag's strength and transformed into one of Jormag's minions. The flesh of mortals is yours to devour.
- ^ a b Veteran Relief Crew Scout
- ^ The Icebrood Saga announcement
- ^ What's Happening?
- ^ The Hunger
- ^ Guild Chat - Episode 95
- ^ ArenaNet Extra Life Game Day stream, third video at 6:01:30, Twitch.tv