Those who give in—those who eat the flesh of their own—become the boneskinner. It doesn't just consume you. It takes your voice, your last words, your dying screams... And it uses you to hunt.
Boneskinners are minions of Jormag from norn legend that lurk around Bjora Marches. It is said that the Aberrant Forest hides dark and powerful magic which can drive people to madness-induced hunger. Those who succumb to this hunger eventually fall prey to cannibalism, becoming insatiable, hungering for more and more food as they slowly become a boneskinner.
Boneskinners are stalkers in the darkness that set traps, ambushes, throw their voice, and mimick previous victims to trick their prey before consuming them. While there are multiple Boneskinners lurking, they are solo hunters by nature, and are rarely found in groups.
At least one of the Boneskinners haunting the Aberrant Forest is a former kodan, who was friends with Bright Shore, who himself is slowly succumbing to insatiable hunger. Within the Aberrant Forest is a male norn Vigil soldier, muttering to himself with the bodies of other vigil soldiers littered at his feet, possibly on his way to becoming a new Boneskinner.
- Bjora Marches
- Escort the relief crew to the Aberrant Forest (80)
- Defeat the Boneskinner (80) [Group Event]
- Defeat the champion of Wolverine (80) [Group Event]
- Teleports to Victims
- Death Wind -
- Leap -
- Grasp -
- Stolen skills
|Elaborate Totem||Crafting material||Rare||1|
|Heavy Bag of Supplies||Container||Basic||1|
| Boneskinner Flank
(only drops if the The Hunger collection is active)
- Concept art
- Whisper in the Dark: Bjora Marches Historian — Find and collect all the lore books in Bjora Marches. (5 )
- Whisper in the Dark: Constant Vigilance — Defeat the boneskinner in the Aberrant Forest without losing any survivors. (5 )
- Whisper in the Dark: Hunting Champions — Defeat all the champion enemies in Bjora Marches. (6 )
- Whisper in the Dark: Supernatural — Accompany the Vigil relief crew and defeat the boneskinner in the Aberrant Forest. (5 )
- Whisper in the Dark: The Hunger — Collect all the food Bright Shore desires. (10)
- Boneskinners hold numerous similarities to the man-eating Wendigo from northwestern Native American folklore and the Skin-walkers from Navajo folklore. Wendigos are said to be humans who engage in cannibalism and are cursed with an insatiable hunger and gain a monstrous form. Wendigos are said to have the ability to mimic the voice of their victims as well. Skin-walkers may possess others, turn into, or disguise themselves as animals. While the Boneskinner may favor the Wendigo side more, its name and penchant for possession and coercion are quite similar to a Skin-walker.
- Originally, the NPC was called Wendigo.
- Boneskinner was introduced during the The Icebrood Saga announcement with a concept art.
- It was also teased during the Extra Life charity stream, with the text: "𝕊𝕌𝕄𝕄𝕆ℕ 𝕋ℍ𝔼 𝔹𝕆ℕ𝔼𝕊𝕂𝕀ℕℕ𝔼ℝ : At $100k we'll reveal the date and title of the next Living World episode!"
- A teaser video was shown after hitting the $100k mark. 
- ^ Sweet Surrender: Become a boneskinner.
You have accepted Jormag's strength and transformed into one of Jormag's minions. The flesh of mortals is yours to devour.
- ^ a b Veteran Relief Crew Scout
- ^ The Icebrood Saga announcement
- ^ What's Happening?
- ^ The Hunger
- ^ Guild Chat - Episode 95
- ^ ArenaNet Extra Life Game Day stream, third video at 6:01:30, Twitch.tv