Flame Temple Tombs
Flame Temple Tombs
The Flame Temple Tombs is an area and the location of a minidungeon in Diessa Plateau and are the actual crypts of the Font of Rhand. Before occupation by the Flame Legion, the tombs served as crypts for Ascalonian humans from a time before the Searing. As such, the tombs are absent of Ascalonian ghosts created by the Foefire. Access to the minidungeon is through the Font of Rhand portal, which only opens up after players complete the Flame Legion Battles meta event. It closes again when the Flame Legion recaptures an objective of the meta-event chain. Much of the mini-dungeon is underwater.
Locations and objectives
- Font of Rhand Waypoint
Flame Temple Tombs Vista
- Jump on the rock on the north side of the temple's entrance and then onto the temple. After that, climb to the very top and jump down towards the vista. No, it's not via the horns even though you can jump onto them and it looks as though they ought to be the way.
- Font of Rhand
- Flame Temple Tombs
- Defeat Rhendak the Crazed (25) [Group Event]
The Tombs involve traveling through several rooms and solving a few puzzles before culminating in a boss battle. It is suggested that at multiple players be available for completing this without prior experience (mainly due to the Champion in the final room).
- Upon going down the stairs into the tomb, you will encounter a short corridor. The corridor contains tile traps which will hit you with an arrow should you walk on them. The corridor contains statues that can be attacked for a Statue's Head. There are passages both to the left and to the right which lead to separate rooms, and a passage to the basement (room 1) - go down to the basement.
- Room 1 (basement)
- After walking down the stairs you will encounter a Flame Legion Veteran with a flamethrower style attack that will set you on fire if you stand directly in front of it. Killing the Veteran will destroy the wall of ice behind it, allowing you access to a short jumping puzzle. Climb up on the broken pillar on the right, and jump around the colonnade until you reach a wooden platform pointing into the middle of the room. Walk to the end of the platform and you will be presented with a bundle with one skill. Face into the middle of the room, click on the frozen chains, and use the skill. Doing this will free up the sword bundle in the center of the room - one player must carry this sword bundle through the rest of the dungeon to room 4.
- Head back upstairs and either turn left to room 2A, or right to room 2B - either choice leads to room 3.
- Room 2A (mortar launcher)
- Kill the Charr manning the mortar launcher. Attack a statue in the corridor, and bring the Statue Head to the mortar launcher, and use the mortar to break into the water filled room below which leads to room 3.
- Room 2B (water filled room with chains)
- Kill the Charr in the room, and then pull on the chains in the deepest part of the room to open the gate beneath. Follow the passage to room 3.
- Room 3
- Continue until you reach a large room with coffins, fire-breathing dragon head statues (although the statues in the corridors leading to this room will cause you damage, the ones within the room do not cause burning) and a locked gate. In order to continue through the gate to room 4, you must disable all of the fire-breathing statues. Pick up a Flame Legion Speargun, and then interact with a nearby Frosty Torch. To disable the statues, open Coffins until a Bubble appears (there may be charr hiding in the coffins instead), position yourself in front of a dragon head, and attack the bubble with skill 1 - this will cause a frosty effect and the dragon head statue will stop breathing fire for 180 seconds. Continue to do this for all of the dragon heads in the room. The locked gate will now be open for a short time. Be quick, as the gate closes again when the first fire-breathing head reactivates. (If this happens, any player that has passed the gate can pull on a chain nearby to reopen the gate.)
- Room 4
- When first entering the room, there will be a Veteran Flame Legion along with two others. Defeat them and swim to the bottom of the room. Here there is a row of solider statues - one is missing a sword; give it the Statue's Sword bundle from behind the ice wall in Room 1 to open the gate to Room 5. There is also a chest near the gate's entrance.
- Room 5
- The last room is separated by a wall into two parts. At the end of the room awaits Champion Rhendak the Crazed. His attacks are similar to Boil and Magma Orb. Constant movement will cause most of his projectiles to miss and minimal damage to be taken from Boil. He is hard to kill due to the limited space and the consequent chance of being quickly felled in one or two hits. Injured/downed players should swim to the first part of the room when hit and try to rally.
In addition to Rhendak's Chest, for Level 39 and above characters, there is a Bonus Chest with a guaranteed rare item and a chance for an exotic.
- Environmental weapons
- Getting to the chest that spawns after Champion Rhendak the Crazed is defeated will unlock the fourth Trait in the Power trait line.
- Deadly Arts
- Fire Magic
- Occasionally the ice wall behind the veteran Flame Legion foe in room 1 will not break when the foe is killed. He should respawn though, giving you another opportunity to break it.
- Breaking through the stone wall may stop working after losing control of the portal, thus hindering you from getting another sword.
- Some times the chains to open the door after the third room don't work.
- When an engineer picks up the sword and goes underwater it will disappear instead of giving the bundles underwater skills.
- You cannot place head into mortar for room 2A
- Although it may appear as though there's a skill challenge in the mini-dungeon section, it is in fact in Spider Nest Cavern.
- There is no achievement awarded for completing this mini-dungeon.