Nightguard Beach, sometimes referred to as the "Best Kept Secret in the Hinterlands," is an area in the southwest of the Harathi Hinterlands. It is a hidden cove, accessible by an underwater tunnel from Guardian Lake or through an elevated tunnel from the Bonerattler Caverns.
From Nightguard Beach, the Seraph allied with the local quaggan stage attacks on the centaurs of Harathi Highlands, using the secluded location as a secure base where they can safely plan and prepare while their enemies search for them in vain. However, with the growing influx of refugees (often tailed by bandits in league with the centaur) seeking asylum at Nightguard, the location remains harder and harder to keep hidden, and some Seraph even believe the refugees should be forced out to fend for themselves. Of course, while some are pessimistic about Nightguard's future, the refugees themselves remain hopeful.
Locations and objectives
- Renown Hearts
- Help the Seraph at Nightguard Beach (33)
- Nightguard Waypoint —
- Commander Keynes
- Guard Muldoon
- Guard Reece
- Refugee Child
- Seraph Archer
- Seraph Guard
- Seraph Soldier
- Cave Bat (35)
- Ooze (35)
- Refugee Child (1): Hey, you think any other kids will show up?
- Refugee Child (2): I don't know. Mom says we were the lucky ones.
- Refugee Child (1): Yeah. I just wish other kids would be lucky too, so we'd have someone to play with.
- Refugee (1): It's dark and cold and reeks of fish in here.
- Refugee (2): Then this is the safest place around. I'm staying.
- Refugee (1): I can't believe the lowlife scum you see on the road.
- Refugee (2): Did you see that guy pretending to be a preacher? He's fleecing his flock for money.
- Refugee (1): That's low. So what'd you get off him?
- Refugee (2): His coin purse and a dagger. I can pawn the blade back in town.
- Seraph Soldier (1): You'll pass out if you keep this up.
- Seraph Soldier (2): If I lie down, I'm not getting back up again.
- Seraph Soldier: Hey. You still good?
- Seraph Guard: Yeah. I'm still standing.
- Seraph Soldier: You thirsty? I got some water.
- Seraph Guard: I could drink a whole keg of charr ale right about now.
- Seraph Soldier: You must be desperate to want that kitty bitter. When I get back home, I'm gonna be drunk for a week.
- Seraph Guard: I guess water's good enough for now.
- Seraph Soldier (1): I should be home.
- Seraph Soldier (2): Don't even think that. We need you right here.
- Seraph Soldier (1): Balthazar's blood! I want to see my family.
- Seraph Soldier (2): Snap out of it. Focus before you get somebody killed.
- Seraph Soldier (1): We need more troops, but we’re not going to get them.
- Seraph Soldier (2): Where are the soldiers from Lion's Arch? If we fall, don't they know that they're next?
- Seraph Soldier (1): Lion’s Arch isn't a human city anymore. I don’t expect them to do a damn thing.
- Chest - Northeast through the underwater exit. The chest is under a shipwreck to the right, guarded by a Veteran River Drake.
- Resource nodes