Custom Arena is an arena for structured PvP in which players can set options on a custom arena. With custom arenas, you can make your own place to play, you can organize private tournaments with friends, and you can challenge other teams to scrimmage.
- Custom Arena Starter Kit — Create a custom arena for PvP battles. You can configure the arena's maps, passwords, team size, and many other options. Arenas start with 30 days of active time.
- Custom Arena Time Tokens — Add days to any custom arena. Each token adds one day.
Custom Arena options
You are allowed to customize your Custom Arena as you like. The following table outlines the possible settings available to you and their minimum and maximum values.
|Setting Name||Description||Minimum||Maximum||Range allowed for glory|
|Password||Server requires a password to join.||Off||On||Off||Off|
|Message of the Day|
|Respawn Type|| Wave — All dead players spawn together at a set time interval.
Individual — Players respawn once the set respawn counter has reached zero.
|Team Size||The number of players allowed on a single team.||1||10||3||10|
|Score Limit||Matches will end when one team reaches the score limit.||1||1,000||500||1,000|
|Time Limit||When a match reaches the time limit, matches will end, and a victor will be declared.||1 minute||30 minutes||10 minutes||30 minutes|
|Respawn Time||The number of seconds to wait until respawning after death.||1 second||120 seconds||5 seconds||45 Seconds|
|Starting Players||Matches will begin as soon as each team has at least the starting player count.||0||10||1||10|
|Reserved Slots||Only members are allowed to fill reserved slots.||0||20||0||2|
|Spectators||Players are allowed to watch matches from a neutral team.|
|Ready Button||Matches will not begin until all players acknowledge they are ready.|
|Autobalance||Players will automatically be team-swapped to keep teams even.|
|Lock Gear||No equipment changes are allowed after a match begins.|
|Lock Skills||No skill or trait changes are allowed after a match begins.|
|No Progression||Achievements and lifetime statistics are not affected.||Off||Off|
|Force Respawn||Players will automatically resurrect at the end of their respawn timers.|
|Tournament Commands||Enabling tournament commands allows the use of specialized features that give more control over a custom arena.|
You may also customize the map rotation by clicking on the image for each map. By default, all maps are selected. Clicking on one toggles between enabled and disabled as well as selecting it to be placed in the map rotation. The order in which you click determines the map rotation order.
Member players are allowed to join reserved slots.
Players representing member guilds are allowed to join reserved slots.
Banned players cannot join the custom arena. This is different from an account-wide ban.
List of Custom Arena commands
These commands were established to aid in running custom tournaments. Some of these commands will turn off progression for the remainder of the match in which you used it. [Example: using /gameend will not allow any players in the match to accumulate glory or rank points.]
- /gamestart – Forces the current game to start. If the arena is otherwise eligible, using only /gamestart during the match will still allow players to earn rewards and stats.
- /gameend – Ends the current game. Disables rewards and stats.
- /setscore – Sets each team’s score, and is clamped to victory score. (total points needed for victory) Example: /setscore 150 499 where the first number is red team score and second is blue. Score can be set before the match starts in the ‘waiting for players’ phase.
These commands require you to have the designated player targeted. You do not need to type that players name. Simply acquire your target and type one of these slash commands.
- /memberadd – Adds the player to the list of members for the server.
- /memberremove – Removes the player from the members list.
- /guildadd – Adds the guild of target player to guild list
- /guildremove – Removes the guild of targeted player from guild list
- /ban – Sends the targeted player back to the lobby. Adds their name to the list of banned players.
- /unban – Removes the targeted player from the ban list
- /kick – Sends the targeted player back to the lobby.
- /teamswitch – Switches the player from their current team to the other team
- Should an arena run out of available time, there is a two week grace period before the arena will be removed. During this two week period, time tokens can still be purchased and added to the arena to renew it.
- In the event that the two-week grace period passes without the arena being renewed, a new Custom Arena Starter Kit must be purchased and a new Custom Arena will need to be made.
- Custom Arenas became available with the June 25, 2013 update.