Note: The actual puzzle is to complete 3 chests, for which you need 2/4/6(total: 12) Orrian Energy Source ("orbs"), which are hidden in the puzzle. The achievement is unlocked if you open them all in one day. It is only possible to open the chests in the order 2 -> 4 -> 6, the numbers representing the amount of orbs needed to unlock the chest. Do note that the last chest opens after 5 orbs have been inserted, while the achievement needs 6.
Depending on your jumping skill, this puzzle can take a while, because there are no checkpoints - if you miss a jump and end up falling, most likely you are either in the water, needing to do a small series of jumps to get to the point where there are different paths for different orbs, or you may fall to your death. If you die during the puzzle, you will need to restart at a waypoint, and then work your way back to the jumping puzzle.
There are many gaps and drop offs between ledges, walkways, tunnels, etc. This guide in no way covers them all, so player awareness of where these are and doing these minor jumps/alterations as needed is left to the player. This walkthrough is meant to cover where the orbs are and how to
get to them, and not cover every tiny detail.
There is no specific order the orbs need to be gathered in - the numbering of the orbs here is purely for convenience and matches the video walkthrough. The numbering is also referred in some steps to make an easier reference.
In many cases, there may be shortcuts after getting an orb to another orb, or at least a path to another orb. These need to be explored and documented - many seem to require a speed boost in order to make the long jumps.
The orbs will also reset 24 hours after last use, so it is possible to just repeatedly get the earlier orbs if you are having difficulty with a certain orb or if the puzzle is too laggy for you to retrieve them all.
Speed boosts are not needed, but as noted above, they may save time in that some post orb jumps may be need speed boosts, and certainly some jumps will be safer and easier with speed boosts.
Getting Out of the Water
Sooner or later, you will fall into the water. To get out of the water, swim to the ramp near orb 2. Near the top of the ramp are about half a dozen stone platforms to jump up. At the top, jump across (over the water) to the platform, and from there, jump to the stone platforms to the east (To do this without a speed boost, you may need to carefully position yourself and your jump). Jump up to the platform right next to it. You now need to jump across the water again, this time the platform you are jumping to is much lower, against the opposite wall and next
to a stone pillar connected to that wall. From here are several stone platforms next to the wall to jump along.
You will eventually get to a tunnel after a waterfall (mind the gap between the platform you climbed and that tunnel). Most orbs require you to go straight - jump to the patterned rock to the right, then work your way above the tunnel and fall into the opening. Turn around, jump up a few steps and go through another tunnel. Go to the rocks to the right, then go left and get on top of the patterned stone.
- Orb 1: You can also reach this orb when you first enter - just keep to the left, jumping to platforms as needed - you will eventually get to a platform and see the orb in the tunnel down below. The platform you are standing on is above a staircase - jump down to that, and then across to the orb.
- Alternatively, if you have fallen in the water, work your way back to the patterned rock, go down to the platform nearest the waterfall, and jump to the platform on the other side of the waterfall. From there, jump down to a large platform with and Orrian Spectral guard on it. Jump to a platform to the west, then turn around and you will see a tunnel with an orb in it. Go down the stairs, then jump to the orb (it may be possible to jump from the top of the platform without going down the stairs, but your head might collide with the tunnel roof).
- Orb 2: Underwater in a small cave near where you enter - the entrance to this cave is near the ramp that leads out of the water.
- Orb 3: As you swim east from Orb 2, you will pass 2 pillars that are submerged (the tops extend out of the water). There is a small underwater alcove right behind them, and in that alcove is a underwater passageway going down. As you enter, turn right - there will be a different color stone ceiling the slopes downward - where it meets the wall, turn to your left, and in the alcove there will be the orb. Note that because you are effectively surround by rock here, it is very easy to get turned around and lose your orientation.
- Orb 4: From the tunnel with the waterfall that you reach after leaving the water, go to the platform to your left platform, then spin around and you will see a tunnel (as well as an orb on a lower platform to your right). Go through the tunnel, and you can then carefully jump to the platform with the orb (be careful going down the steps to the platform directly opposite so that you do not fall)
- Orb 5: Starting from the patterned stone, jump to the finger of rock sticking out, then to a platform to the east (tunnel right behind it). Go through the tunnel, and behind it is an alcove with another orb. It may take some fiddling around with jumping and moving to actually get to the point where you can interact with the orb.
- Orb 6: Work your way back to the top of stone finger (same as Orb 5), but work your way up the steps to the left. Be careful of the large holes in the floor, and you will find some more steps at the back leading to a ramp, another stone formation and some steps with a large tunnel across from them. Continue to work your way up the steps, and you will get to a large platform with a hole in the middle, Go northwest, and there will be a platform you need to jump to. You will now see Orb 7, but work your away along the ledges. As you get to the last one, if you shift the camera around the curve, you will see an orb a few platforms away. Jump the platforms to that orb. You can work your way back for Orb 7 now.
- Orb 7: At the large platform in Orb 6 that you went northwest, this time go south, and to the west there will be a tunnel. You will see the orb, and there are a few platforms that you need to jump to to get to it - note that one of the jumps is a long jump - this can be done without speed boost, but good timing is needed.
- Orb 8: Starting from the tunnel exit just before Orb 7 (you can jump back here also), there will be a set of stone platforms - at the top you will see an orb - fairly simple jump to get to it.
- Orb 9: Jump back, and work your way along the right light colored stone (no jumps needed). You will get to the end of the light colored stone and see the final chests. From here, jump to the right, and just keep along the right - you will get a series of stone steps - just jump up them and you will get to a pattern floor with an orb right in front of you.
- Orb 10: Head towards the orb you see - there will be an Orrian guard. Kill it and jump from the platform (northward) to a much lower platform on the other side. This is a long jump - speed boost definitely helps, but not required.
- Orb 11: From Orb 10, jump down to the platform below, and head back to Orb #9. As you look west, you will see a stone ledge - head towards it (its starting point is not far from Orb 7). Jump to it, and keep working yourself westward - there will a couple platforms, a tunnel, another platform, a roof, and a pillar with an orb on it. You jump to that orb from the roof. Be careful not to overshoot the pillar.
- Orb 12: Work your way towards orb 6, but instead of jumping all the way to the top, after the slope and a few jumps, there is a platform to your left. Jump to that, and you will see the final chests, and from that platform, jump to the light colored tunnel and then to the floor. Turn around, and there will be a tunnel to the left, with two waterfalls. Go to the end of that tunnel - be careful, you need to position yourself closer to the right wall to jump over the hole for the second waterfall, or use a speed boost. If you fall through that hole, you will fall to your death and need to restart from a waypoint. At the end of the passage, to the left will be a hole in the left side wall - go through it, work your way around the ring, and get the last orb.
- Chests: From Orb 12, you can careful work yourself down to where Orb 5 is. From there, you can work yourself to same path for Orb 12 - but instead of going into the tunnel with the waterfalls, just go to the chests.
- If you do fall in the water, you can use that same path for Orb 12, but like above, instead of going into the tunnel, just go to the chests.
- The achievement happens when the 6th orb for the last chest is placed.
- Near the chests is a bunch of stone steps to the north - this will lead out of the puzzle to a high platform to the south of Pagga's Waypoint. Be careful on the descent - many of the drops are far enough to kill you.