In addition to his activities in Divinity's Reach, Caudecus is credited with the expansion of Beetletun, home to both his own mansion and a statue of himself. His carnivals have allowed him to amass a fortune which allows him to retain the services of many Ministry Guards and Seraph—this, he claims, is the reason why the bandits and centaurs do not attack Beetletun, and allow his shire to be relatively prosperous. His wife died several years ago, leaving his daughter Demmi Beetlestone as his only family.
In 1325 AE, his daughter defected to the Order of Whispers, claiming to have evidence of shady dealings by her father. She was aided by Lightbringer Tybalt Leftpaw. Caudecus dispatched Ministry Commander Landon to recover her, but was unsuccessful. Later that year, he hosted a party at his estate, Beetlestone Manor, to celebrate the human-charr détente. There, he promised to unveil a new creation by Uzolan, his personal inventor, who turned out to be behind a Separatist plot to kidnap the Queen. Fortunately, Logan Thackeray and Zojja were able to stop the plot before either the Queen or the Minister could come to harm. Following this, at the Queen's insistence the Minister was taken back to the Royal Palace, where he remains — for his own safety, of course.
Caudecus fled from the Royal Palace in 1329 AE, prompting the Shining Blade officer Canach, the Pact Commander and members of the Dragon's Watch guild to track him down and bring him back by any means necessary. When found in Bloodstone Fen experimenting on Bloodstone shards, Caudecus revealed himself as the current Confessor of the White Mantle and announced his plan to take over the Krytan throne from Queen Jennah by force. However, the sudden arrival of Lazarus, the last mursaat whom some members of the White Mantle had revived behind Caudecus's back, led to the White Mantle splintering into two factions when Caudecus refused to submit to Lazarus who branded Caudecus as a heretic. Before he could be killed, Caudecus fled once more with the assistance of his mesmer underling, Lady Valette Wi, to continue his schemes elsewhere.
- Chapter 1: Krytan Politics
- Chapter 2: Shadows of the Past
- <Character race>, if you're satisfying your curiosity about our kingdom's inner workings, you should visit the Chamber of Ministers. My schedule does not accommodate trivialities.
- All right.
- If human
- Do you have a complaint? If so, I suggest you speak with one of the lower Ministers. My schedule does not accommodate trivialities.
- Right. Good-bye.
- If charr
- Ahem. I suggest you trouble someone else with your attention, charr. My schedule does not accommodate trivialities.
- I can tell when I'm not wanted.
- Caudecus Beetlestone seems to be named and modeled after ArenaNet Environment Art Lead Dave Beetlestone.
- Caduceus is the staff carried by Hermes Trismegistus in Greco-Egyptian mythology and Hermes in Greek mythology. The same staff was also borne by heralds in general, for example by Iris, the messenger of Hera.