Temple is a common term that players give to certain locations in the Ruins of Orr that are well-known for meta events that result in world event chests. Each location is marked on the map by a pale blue temple icon and includes an associated waypoint, Point of Interest, hero challenge, Karma Vendor, and statue. The temples are named after the Human Gods: Balthazar, Lyssa, Dwayna, Melandru and Grenth.
Access to services
Each temple area is affected by status of the local dynamic events. Many waypoints in Orr, including those within the temples, are initially contested, i.e. held by the forces of Zhaitan. This also means all statues of the corresponding god throughout Orr are corrupted by Zhaitan's influence, which can be seen as a green veil in the area near a statue; within the veil, players will suffer from an environmental effect that depends on the affected temple. Players can help the Pact to retake the temple by completing the local meta event; services, including the waypoint, are only available while the allies control the area.
- Uncontested Temple — All God's statues in Orr are disabled.
- Contested Temple — All God's statues in Orr are active.
- Uncontested Statue — Free of Zhaitan's influence, the statue lies dormant.
- Contested Statue
List of locations
Each temple's location is noted by the area's scout.
|Meta Event||Area||Located in||Scout||Karma Merchant||Corruption effect(s)|
|Temple of Balthazar||Cathedral of Glorious Victory||Straits of Devastation||Explorer Vorb||Tactician Deathstrider||Balthazar's Rage|
Firestorms raze the area.
|Cathedral of Eternal Radiance||Cathedral of Eternal Radiance||Malchor's Leap||Explorer Sosian||Lightbringer Brutefur||Lyssa's Frustration|
Chaos storms smite the area.
|Cathedral of Zephyrs||Cathedral of Zephyrs||Malchor's Leap||Crusader Yottz||Historian Vermoth||Dwayna's Lament|
Healing is impaired in the area.
|Temple of Melandru||Cathedral of Verdance||Cursed Shore||Explorer Prendes||Lightbringer Surefoot||Melandru's Sorrow|
Sharp brambles cover the area.
|Temple of Grenth||Cathedral of Silence||Cursed Shore||Explorer Annalisa||Keeper Jonez Deadrun||Grenth's Touch|
The area damages the living's health.
- Balthazar's Rage: Fireballs rain down from the sky, creating AoE damage in the affected area. Allies hit also suffer 5 seconds of Burning. Risen are unaffected.
- Lyssa's Frustration: The affected area is randomly hit by AoEs, applying Stun and Confusion to all allies.
- Dwayna's Lament: Allies are affected by Dwayna's Lament, reducing their healing power.
- Melandru's Sorrow: The statue emits a Point Blank AoE, damaging every ally within range every second. It deals moderate but rapid damage and inflicts 5 seconds of Cripple and Bleeding (3 stacks) with each pulse. A tangle of vines appear at the affected ally's feet with each pulse. Due to the high rate of damage, healing while downed is nearly impossible, although rallying is available.
- Grenth's Touch: Allies are affected by Grenth's Touch, dealing ongoing damage. Risen are affected by a different version of Grenth's Touch that regenerates their health instead.
|World Boss||Event||Zone||Unique chest drops|
|Risen Priest of Balthazar||Defeat the Risen Priest of Balthazar before it can summon a horde of Risen (75)[Group Event]||Straits of Devastation||Balthazar's Band|
|Risen Priestess of Lyssa||Kill the Corrupted High Priestess (78)[Group Event]||Malchor's Leap||All Seeing|
|Statue of Dwayna||Defeat the possessed statue of Dwayna (79)[Group Event]||Malchor's Leap||Dwayna's Embrace, Star of Dwayna|
|Risen Priest of Grenth||Cover Keeper Jonez Deadrun as he performs the cleansing ritual (80)[Group Event]||Cursed Shore||Signet of Grenth|
|Legendary Risen Priest of Melandru||Defend the Pact interrupter device while it charges to cleanse the temple (80)[Group Event]||Cursed Shore||Melandru's Bloom, Wisteria|
- Abaddon's temple, the Cathedral of Hidden Depths, is not accessible in the open world and therefore does not include an associated meta event or environmental effect.