|Rune-Locked Doors||Desert Highlands||11|
|Find the runestones throughout the Derelict Delves to unlock all the mysterious doors.||Unlocked 1 Door in Derelict Delve||1|
|Unlocked 2 Doors in Derelict Delve||2|
|Unlocked 3 Doors in Derelict Delve||3|
|Unlocked 4 Doors in Derelict Delve||5|
Opening the doors involves slotting Runestones into them until all of the Round Depressions are filled, activating the teleporter. Each door requires the same number of runes to open as its order; that is, the first door requires one rune, the second door requires two runes, and so on. With the exception of the first door, all the runes you need can be found within the previous room. To quickly return to the higher level of Derelict Delve after exiting rooms located on lower levels, jump off the ledge and fall/glide onto the teleporter platform half-buried in the lava in the southwestern corner of the chasm.
Note: All doors can be found in the main hallway.
First door (Cold room)
- Pick up the runestone on the table near Expedition Leader Shauna and Rhoban.
- Exit the room and turn south; the first door is right in front of you. Stand on the circular pad to insert the rune.
- Enter the room and make your way past Ice Imps and Oozes to find the next runestone. One is located on a bridge on the upper level; the other is at the very back of the room on the lower level. You will also find all five pieces of Stonespite Cleaver and one piece of the Staff of the Lost within this room.
Second door (Lava-covered room)
- Exit the first room and carefully jump off the ledge to the lower level, then approach the door to the south, which has a spill of hardening lava nearby.
- This room contains Lava Elementals, Embers, and Djinn. You will find all four pieces of the Gate of Good-Byes and another piece of the Staff of the Lost in here.
- The first runestone is located to the left of the crumbling stairs as you enter the central chamber. The second is located on a pillar in the lava, near the Djinn and staff piece. The third is on a ledge between the second and third floors, in the southeast corner of the room.
Third Door (Cobwebbed room)
- From the second door, leap across the chasm to the north side to reach the third door.
- This room is full of spiderwebs which will immobilize the player and spawn a group of spiders if touched. This can be avoided by dashing through on the raptor (note that you will still trigger the web if you launch or land too close to it), or by simply destroying the web from range. You will also find all four pieces of Final Sting around the top of pillars on the second floor and another piece of the Staff of the Lost at the top of the rock at the entrance.
- The first and second runestones are on the ground floor: one is resting against a large pillar to the east, and the other surrounded by rubble in the northwest. The third and fourth runestones are suspended in the upper webs, which can be reached by Springer.
Fourth Door (Waterlogged room)
- From the third door, go immediately right, and jump up and across the chasm with a Springer. The fourth door is immediately in front of you.
- The final piece of Staff of the Lost can be found on the opposite side of the chasm in this room. The chasm itself looks foreboding, but if you're after Might of the Vindictive, take a leap of faith and plunge in: you will land in a large water-filled cave. There is also a teleporter rune that will allow you to return to the exit.
- Rare Collections: Final Sting — Collect all of the weapon pieces and then forge them together in the fires of a dwarven furnace. (3)
- Rare Collections: Gate of Good-Byes — Collect all of the weapon pieces and then forge them together in the fires of a dwarven furnace. (3)
- Rare Collections: Might of the Vindictive — Collect all of the weapon pieces and then forge them together in the fires of a dwarven furnace. (3)
- Rare Collections: Staff of the Lost — Collect all of the weapon pieces and then forge them together in the fires of a dwarven furnace. (3)
- Rare Collections: Stonespite Cleaver — Collect all of the weapon pieces and then forge them together in the fires of a dwarven furnace. (3)