Breaking the Bank is a series of achievements and mini-game located in the dwarven ruins in Fortune's Vale.
To start, players must locate the Curious Bowl and give it one gold to enter the first room. To reach the bowl, head southeast from the Derelict Delve Waypoint, past the hero challenge into a room with ruined mine cart tracks; the bowl is in a small room along the right wall soon after entering this room.
Interacting with the bowl will give the player the option to leave 1 gold. Upon doing so, the player will be teleported into a string of vaults, each with a pair of chests:
- Opening the correct chest in a vault will award the associated repeatable achievement and teleport the player to the next vault.
- Opening the wrong chest will end the run and return the player to the bowl room.
- Opening three chests in a single run will teleport the player to the final vault with a Glorious Chest and the final reward.
- The vault runs can be repeated infinitely, with each run costing 1 gold. The correct chest for each of the three guessing vaults is random each run and there are no hints as to the correct chest.
- Attempting to open the Glorious Chest a repeat time after already having opened it (without re-starting the challenge) will result in the player being knocked back.
- Diminishing returns appears to occurr almost immediately, where the first Tier 1 chest you open will have full rewards, and the second Tier 2 will have worse rewards.
- Three 50/50 choices (2 chests in 1st, 2nd & 3rd rooms) means there is 1 in 8 chance (aka 12.5% chance of success) of making it to the Final Room for each run.