On Red Alert
On Red Alert
- 1325 AE
- The Battle of Claw Island
- Durmand Priory
- Durmand Priory
- Preceded by
- Attempted Deicide
The Lost Chieftain's Return
Set To Blow
- Followed by
- The Battle of Claw Island
Report back to the Durmand Priory.
- Speak with Gixx in the Archives.
Run Gixx's errand in Lion's Arch.
- Meet Sieran in Lion's Arch.
- Investigate Maeva's house.
- Destroy the defenses on the first floor.
- Search the basement for Maeva.
- Destroy the basement defenses.
- Discuss options with Sieran.
- Locate a dimensional anchor.
- Restore Maeva to this dimension.
- Destroy the undead scout.
Click here to edit the reward data
- All professions
- One of the following: Stalwart's Gauntlets, Slayer's Gauntlets, Inquisitor's Gauntlets
- One of the following: Stalwart's Bracers, Slayer's Bracers, Inquisitor's Bracers
- One of the following: Inquisitor's Gloves, Slayers Gloves, Stalwart's Gloves
Enter the house. You will get a message about how golems are going to kill you - fight them off when they become aggressive.
Repeat this process in the basement, where you will see Maeva stuck in a force field, and more attacking golems.
Once you have killed all of the golems, talk to Sieran who will tell you to find a dimensional anchor. The anchor is in the green circle, but it is up on the roof of the building. Go to the roof of the building, killing all the golems and turrets on the way. Alternatively, you can skip all the golems if you have enough health and quick moves.
There is a doorway on the roof blocked by a force field. Use the control panel next to the doorway to turn off the force field. Then go through the doorway and get attacked by more golems and turrets.
Turn left and go up the stairs. The Dimensional Anchor is sitting on the ground next to where a turret is. Skill 1 stuns and damages foes, whilst skill 2 makes the guard golems friendly.
Go to the basement and use skill 2 - this will make the golems fight for you. Free Maeva, and trigger the Undead Scout to attack. A number of golems will come downstairs to help you in the fight. The final cutscene triggers upon the death of the scout.
- First instance (Durmand Priory)
- Racial sympathy choice:
- Second instance (Lion's Arch)
At the Durmand Priory
|Mail from mentor upon entry (varies per character race):|
Upon approaching Gixx:
- If you chose to save the skritt:
- Gixx: The dragons are a threat to everyone, Ftokchak. I'm glad your village has joined the fight against them.
- Ftokchak: We're small, but we have no fear. Skritt will be good friends. You'll see.
- If you chose to save the hylek:
- Gixx: The dragons are a threat to everyone, lkniu. I'm pleased your village has joined the ﬁght against them.
- Ikniu: The Sun God looks down on this world. He watches us. we Will not fail.
- If you chose to save the quaggan:
- Gixx: The dragons are a threat to everyone, Shashoo. I'm pleased your village has joined the ﬁght against them.
- Shashoo: Although war is strange to quaggans, quaggans will help the Priory in any way quaggans can.
- If you chose to save the grawl:
- Gixx: The dragons are a threat to everyone, Gara. I'm pleased that your village has joined the fight against them.
- Gara: All this world suffers. We will not stop until these great beasts are dead.
- If you chose to save the ogres:
- Jonkor: Our oldest legends tell truth. The Time of Trial has come once more.
- Gixx: The dragons are a threat to everyone, Jonkor. I'm pleased your village has joined the fight against them.
- Jonkor: This, the ogres know—it is best to have allies. We will stand beside the Priory.
Talking to representant of your chosen minor race::
- Ftokchak: Good, <Character name>! Thanks for the help! Wanted to thank Priory, too. New friends. Lots of thanks.
What will happen to the skritt village?
- We will make a new scratch, a new home. We mourn the dead. But I remember debt—debt to you!
- What will you do now? (Same as below)
- I'm glad to hear that.
What will you do now?
- Now? Stay nearby. Keep watchful eye. When you need skritt...we will come.
- What will happen to the your village? (Same as above)
- I'm glad to hear that. Thanks
- Ikniu: May the Sun God bless you, Commander
How have your people fared?
- We are close to settling new grounds, but we are not ready to start building. Rest assured, if you call for our help, the entire tribe is ready to answer.
- I look forward to visiting your new home.
- All Tyria will benefit from your help.
- Shashoo: Hoo, Commander
Have you found a new home yet?
- Coo! It is far from complete, but quaggans settled on a nice patch outside Lion's Arch. More quaggans are ready to join if necessary.
- We're grateful.
- Welcome aboard.
- Gara: Commander
How is your tribe faring?
- We have not found a new home but are safe for now. All are ready to answer your call.
- I hope it doesn't come to that.
- Gods won't win this war. We will.
- Lagula: As promised, I've come to fight the dragon and their minions. Jonkor is also here: he feels he owes you a special debt.
How is the new kraal coming along?
- Not as fast as I'd like. We are a deliberate people, and change comes slowly. But we are close to picking a new site for our new home.
- I look forward to seeing it once we win the war.
- Glad to have you with us.
- Jonkor: You saved my life in the Brand before you saved the rest of my tribe. I won't forget that.
Can the new kraal spare you and Lagula?
- For now. A kraal needs a chieftain, but Lagula is determined to see her oath satisfied. I may have to return to oversee things in Lagula's name, but until that happens I'm at your service.
- The more ogres we have, the better.
- On behalf of the Pact
Talking to Gixx (cinematic):
- Gixx: Good day, Explorer! Sieran and I have been discussing your recent ordeal.
- Gixx: It is tragic, simply tragic, that such destruction was inflicted. I cannot overstate it: the dragons must be stopped.
- Gixx: The one bright spot in this whole situation is that your actions have saved many lives—and gained allies for the Priory.
- Gixx: As Steward, I'm pleased to promote you to the Priory's highest active rank: Magister.
- <Character name>: Thank you, Steward Gixx. It's a great honor.
- Magister Sieran: Congratulations, fellow Magister!
- Gixx: Celebrate all you like, but I need you to run a small errand as well.
- Gixx: An associate of mine recently developed a new equation that might pinpoint weaknesses in higher magical entities—like the dragons.
- Gixx: Maeva has offered the Priory a copy of her research. I want you to go to Lion's Arch and pick it up.
- Magister Sieran: Sounds like fun! I'll meet you at her house. It's on the beach, near the Western Ward.
Talking to Gixx after the cinematic
- Gixx: Sieran can be a impulsive, but she's a worthy mentor. You've helped her be a better agent, and for that I'm grateful.
Tell me more about Maeva.
- Maeva? Well, she's... she's an independent researcher. Maverick, really. Her ideas are mad. Brilliant, yes, but quite mad.
Is there something you're not telling me?
- No! I mean, no. She's just... well, she's quite gifted. Extraordinarily so. Lovely... lovely mind.
- I'll put in a good word for you.
- I look forward to meeting her.
- I won't let you down.
At Western Ward
Upon approaching Sieran in Lion's Arch (cinematic):
- Magister Sieran: This is the right house, but Gixx didn't say anything about weird lights and thumping noises. Do you think that's normal?
- <Character name>: I seriously doubt it. The house's defense mechanisms have been activated.
- Magister Sieran: Oh, no. Maybe someone tried to break in and steal Maeva's research!
- Magister Sieran: We'd better head in and find Maeva. She may need our help.
Upon Enter Maeva's house:
- Maeva's Projection: Welcome to the home of Maeva, Extraordinary Knowledge Technician.
- Maeva's Projection: Currently, Maeva's home is on full-alert lockdown due to perimeter breach.
- Maeva's Projection: Visitors will be politely greeted and summarily destroyed.
- Maeva's Projection: Please remain calm as the hospitality defenses vaporize you.
As golems activate:
- PM-632z: Combat-protocols-active. Restricted-weaponry-unlocked. Prepare-for-death. Have-a-nice-die.
- BAT 9929: Combat-protocols-active. Restricted-weaponry-unlocked. Prepare-for-death. Have-a-nice-die.
Upon approaching Maeva:
- Maeva's Projection: I regretfully inform you that our defenses have escalated.
- Maeva's Projection: Dimensional stasis ﬁelds initiated, and secondary golemic enforcers are now active.
- Maeva's Projection: Please remain quiescent during complete eradication, and enjoy the soothing music.
Talking to Sieran after killing the golems:
- Magister Sieran: Maeva does research on dimensional and stasis bioscience. I remember Gixx going on and on about it. And on, and on...
Anything that might help in this situation?
- She invented a device, something called a Dimensional Anchor. It stabilizes dimensional rifts.
- That means there's got to be one around here somewhere.
Checking the Control Panel:
- Control Panel: This circuit supplies power to the field.
- Enter the code and disable the field.
After you initiated the dimensional anchor:
- Maeva's Projection: Congratulations! You have successfully initiated the dimensional anchor.
- Maeva's Projection: If correctly installed, the dimensional anchor will stabilize dimensional phenomena.
- Maeva's Projection: However, as a side effect, the anchor may cause migraines, disintegration, and/or violent arcane overload.
- Maeva's Projection: We invite you to relax while the dimensional interface is restored.
After killing the Undead Scout (cinematic):
- Maeva: Salutations! I see you're from the Priory. Thanks for the help. I'm glad I didn't have to wait for the defenses to deactivate.
- <Character name>: And how long would that have taken, exactly?
- Maeva: Oh, thirty—five hundred years, give or take a decade. At that point I would have emerged from stasis, conﬁdent that the radiation was gone.
- Maeva: What's this? Aha! The creature that invaded my house was some kind of Orrian scout.
- Maeva: I told Gixx that my equations predicted an assault on Lion's Arch. This intrusion implies we've reached time-critical for that attack.
- Magister Sieran: If that's true, then the whole city's in danger! Maeva, go to the Priory. Show Gixx your research.
- Magister Sieran: My friend and I will head for Claw Island immediately. We have to warn the Lionguard.
- <Character name>: What's on Claw Island?
- Magister Sieran: The Claw Island fortress stands in the harbor of Lion's Arch. It's the last defense against invasion from the sea.
- Magister Sieran: If Zhaitan's going to attack the city, its minions will have to ﬁght their way past the fort.