Cassin Hoppal is a local historian who used to inform players about Cobiah Marriner and begins the background for the history scavenger hunt to find all of the Marriner Plaques around Tyria. He survived the attack on Lion's Arch and temporarily relocated to the refugee camp in Gendarran Fields. He returned to Lion's Arch, and can now be found in White Crane Terrace next to the ruins of the Cobiah Marriner statue, though he no longer offers any information on Cobiah.
- Before the attack on Lion's Arch
- Welcome. I am Cassin Hoppal, local historian. Are you interested in the new Cobiah Marriner statue, the new book about Marriner's life, or have you come to take part in the history hunt?
What's the history hunt?
- I could tell you Cobiah's history, but walking in his footsteps is more illuminating. I've placed twelve plaques around Tyria, each detailing an important moment in his life.
How do I get started?
- I'll give you the first plaque right now. It's the Marriner statue. The remaining plaques are located around Tyria. I wish you good travels, and happy hunting.
Tell me about the book.
- It's titled "Sea of Sorrows," and it's available in all of the finest book carts in Tyria. It's an inspirational tale of his origin as a child with nothing and how he rose to become the man who built Lion's Arch.
Tell me about the statue.
- Lion's Arch's newest landmark is a fine statue of the city founder Cobiah Marriner. He overlooks the city he brought back to life after Orr rose and flooded the old city.
- Interesting. Thanks.
- I'm just passing through.
- After the rebuild of Lion's Arch
- Part of me was sorry to see Cobiah Marriner's image incorporated in this somber memorial, though his statue was another casualty of the recent senseless destruction.
Why wasn't it restored along with the rest of Lion's Arch?
- Some felt that his ruined statue would serve as a powerful reminder of the city's tragedies. Our founder would grieve to see his city destroyed over and over again.
I imagine he'd be proud of the city's enduring, indomitable spirit.
- Well said! As a fellow admirer of his legacy, you may be interested in the historical plaques I've set up for Tyrians to find and learn about the life of this remarkable man.
How do I get started?
- The first of my plaques is right here. I challenge you to walk in Cobiah's footsteps and discover the other eleven across Tyria.
- I'll watch for them. Good-bye.
- No thank you. I have other things to do.
- That's probably true.
- I understand. Take care.
- Nice to see you.
- Hello there.
- May Melandru guide you.
- Cassin was added in the Sky Pirates of Tyria release on June 25, 2013.