Update 2 - June 08, 2021
- Fixed a server crash.
Guild Wars 2 Wiki Notes
- Build: 116,240
Late Notes - June 08, 2021
- Fixed a bug that prevented the Legacy of the Llama Locator achievement from progressing if players had previously completed other llama-locating achievements.
Update - June 08, 2021
In this update, we are focusing on remaining skill tuning and bug fixes as a follow up to the May 11 balance update. We wanted to give special attention to small quality-of-life issues experienced by several professions. To that end, we are making changes such as increasing the maximum duration of the swiftness boon to 60 seconds, and allowing multiple applications of superspeed to stack duration.
Quality-of-life fixes to individual professions include proper source tracking for the firebrand’s Ashes of the Just skill, and a fix to the movement behavior of the thief's Death Blossom dagger skill so that it no longer sends you far past the intended target if you are under the effect of swiftness or superspeed.
With regard to WvW, we are making targeted changes to two pain points: the overperforming engineer trait Purity of Purpose, and the druid skill Glyph of Unity. We’ve long seen Purity of Purpose be the dominating support trait for large group play in WvW, with its ability to quickly and continually stack all boons in an area. In this update, Purity of Purpose has an internal cooldown of 2 seconds per affected target. This means it can be triggered on the same target again every other second, such as on alternating pulses of Cleansing Field, but not in shorter intervals.
Glyph of Unity has recently been used in large battles to cause spikes of damage totaling in the hundreds of thousands in a matter of seconds, especially in conjunction with Signet of Stone to provide invulnerability while doing so. This ability to cause dozens of attacks per second (limited only by how many hits are striking the druid) to up to five targets has no effective counter in large group combat, except to keep distance from a druid in the first place. We didn't think this was great! In this update, Glyph of Unity now has an internal cooldown of 0.25 seconds per activation, so it can deliver a maximum of four attacks per second to linked enemies.
- Superspeed: Multiple applications of this effect will now stack duration, up to a maximum duration of 10 seconds.
- Swiftness: Maximum duration has been increased from 30 seconds to 60 seconds.
- Channeled Agony: This skill no longer applies the damaging Spectral Agony condition. Strike damage doubled. Torment stacks applied on hit increased from 3 to 5.
- Signet of Fire: The number of applied burning stacks on activation has been reduced from 4 to 2, and the duration of applied burning has been increased from 6 seconds to 10 seconds in all game modes.
- Purity of Purpose: This trait now has an internal cooldown of 2 seconds per target.
- Ashes of the Just: This skill now properly attributes its damage to the source for each stack of the effect.
- Chaos Vortex: When cast by a clone, the duration of the applied confusion condition has been reduced from 8 seconds to 3 seconds in PvE only.
- Poison Volley: Poison duration has been increased from 4 seconds to 5 seconds when striking from in front of the target, and from 6 seconds to 7 seconds when striking from behind the target. This change applies in all game modes.
- Crippling Shot: The duration of bleeding applied by the pet's next three attacks is increased from 12 seconds to 15 seconds in all game modes.
- Glyph of Unity: This skill now has a 0.25-second internal cooldown per target.
- Embrace the Darkness: Reduced the duration of applied torment from 5.5 seconds to 5 seconds in PvE only.
- Destructive Impulses: Bonus damage for having an off-hand weapon equipped has been reduced from 5% to 2.5% in PvE only.
- Death Blossom: This skill no longer moves the player farther if they are under the effects of swiftness or superspeed.
- Lotus Training: Condition damage bonus has been increased from 10% to 15% in PvE. This now matches the current bonus on this trait in PvP and WvW.
- Malicious Sneak Attack: This skill now only applies one stack of torment, with a duration equal to twice your malice, in all game modes.
Black Lion Trading Company Gem Store
New Items and Promotions
- Episodes 5 and 6 of Living World Season 2 are free for a limited time as part of the Living World Return.
- The new Pharaoh's Package is available in the Style category of the Gem Store for 2,400 gems.
- This package contains the Pharaoh's Regalia Outfit, the Royal Anubis Jackal Skin, a Total Makeover Kit, 5 Black Lion Statuettes, and 5 Elonian Landscape Dye Kits.
- The new Royal Anubis Jackal Skin is available in the Style category of the Gem Store for 1,600 gems.
- The new Pharaoh's Regalia Outfit is available in the Style category of the Gem Store for 700 gems.
- For a limited time, the Ice Reaver Cape, Herald of Aurene Cape, and Abyss Stalker Cape are available on sale in the Style category of the Gem Store for 400 gems each, a savings of 20%.
- For a limited time, the Season 1 Memory Box—Flame and Festivals and Season 1 Memory Box—Scarlet vs. Lion's Arch are available on sale in the Style category of the Gem Store for 160 gems each, a savings of 20%.
Guild Wars 2 Wiki Notes
- Build: 116,210