Extra Life is a set of achievements and streams based on the Extra Life charity that ArenaNet is participating in annually. Streams are available on Youtube, Twitch and Facebook. Schedule of streams and availability of achievements:
- Noon Pacific Time (UTC-7) on November 2 to noon Pacific Time (UTC-7) on November 3, 2018
- Noon Pacific Time (UTC-7) on November 1 to noon Pacific Time (UTC-7) on November 2, 2019
- Achievements were available through October 25 to November 4, 2019.
- Noon Pacific Time (UTC-8) on Friday, November 6 to noon Pacific Time (UTC-8) on Saturday, November 7, 2020
- Achievements were available through October 30 to November 16, 2020
Extra Life is a fundraising charity, which seeks to unite gamers to play games in support of Children's Miracle Network Hospitals. This network covers 170 member hospitals providing 32 million treatments each year to children in the United States and Canada. The proceeds of any donations fund critical treatments and healthcare services, as well as pediatric medical equipment and charitable care.
ArenaNet started participating in Extra Life in 2017. In addition to collecting donations through the sale of in-game items, Team ArenaNet is also directly collecting donations towards their goal through the Extra Life website. From there you may choose to associate your donation with any Extra Life participant, such as Team ArenaNet, or donate directly towards the Children's Miracle Network Hospitals. In either case, all proceeds go directly to the charitable cause.
It is also possible to create your own funding goal by creating a sub team or by joining Team ArenaNet. Doing the latter will count any donations you raise towards your goal to Team ArenaNet's funding goal as well.
- You can participate directly by using the official Extra Life website. ArenaNet also has a fundraising team where you can check which players are participating or use the donate button.
- You can watch the streams and donate directly through the streamers for the cause or through the Extra Life stream on Youtube, Twitch and Facebook.
- You can play Guild Wars 2 during Extra Life and receive several in-game boosts when goals are reached, including achievements and the Extra Life Bonus effect. These included:
- In-game, you can purchase or gift three different items on the Gem Store. All proceeds from these items are donated to Extra Life.
|Show support for the children.||Showed Support for the Children||0|
- Awarded to players above level 15 who logged into the game during the specific Extra Life times mentioned in the intro paragraph.
|Extra Life Donor||Community||0|
|Purchase an item from the Gem Store that contributes to Extra Life.||Gem Store Item Purchased||0|
- Awarded to players who received any of the following items via an in-game email. Getting any of them as a gift counts too.
|Extra Life Donor Goal||Community||0|
|As a donor to Extra Life, return to Lion's Arch after the community reaches the $75,000 goal.
- Awarded to players who also unlocked Extra Life Donor after the $75,000 goal was reached.
|Extra Life Community Goal||Community||0|
|Return to Lion's Arch after the community reaches the $ goal.
||Funds raised: $15,000 (USD)||0|
|Funds raised: $30000 (USD)||0|
|Funds raised: $45000 (USD)||0|
|Funds raised: $60000 (USD)||0|
|Funds raised: $75000 (USD)||0|
- Awarded to players that visited a city after reaching certain $ goals.
During the Extra Life 2020, up to 50 viewers who donated at least 30$ to Joe Kimmes's goal could include a description with the donation of a fur color and a name for a cat(or in one case a dog), which would be included in the game. The animals have been added in the March 23, 2021 game update and are visible under the effects of the Chatoyant Lens or Chatoyant Elixir.
- Bolty, Doodleplex, Danirakittee, Kaelryn, Smudge, Bobby, Bee, Tyson, Angel, Reoth, Runie, Zarak, Nancy, Darla, Spicy Ramen, Kizei, Minerva, Banana, Kaimi, Harley, Lantana, Trouble, Jerry, J, Tabbie, Lux, Hammer, The Legendary Moxb
A mail notification about the stream was sent to players who logged in during Extra Life:
- One free Revive Orb is always available as part of the event.
- 2019 additions: Extra Life Donor, Extra Life Donor Goal, Extra Life Community Goal