I love the smell of commerce in the morning.
— Captain Gnashblade
Captain Evon Gnashblade is the owner and proprietor of the Black Lion Trading Company.
As a soldier of the High Legions, Gnashblade first came to Lion's Arch at the age of 20 as part of an Ash Legion operation to extort the people of the city, under the banner of the Black Lion Trading Company. Gnashblade was by all accounts a dependable soldier who never disobeyed orders—until that day. When he raised concerns with his legionnaire, Aria Gnashfang, believing that attempting to intimidate the pirates of Lion's Arch would not be fruitful, the disagreement led to a fight and Gnashfang was killed. The next day, the Black Lion Trading Company was established in earnest.
In 1326 AE, during selections to appoint a new Captain's Council member, Gnashblade purchased a vessel (making him eligible) and attempted to secure a trade agreement with the Zephyr Sanctum, but narrowly lost out to Ellen Kiel.
Following the destruction of Lion's Arch, Captain Gnashblade fled to a refugee camp in the northern hills of Gendarran Fields. Under the orders of Captain Kiel, he was conscripted into the Lionguard under General Emergency Statute 14 and forced (along with all other Black Lion Trading Company merchants), to act as a deputy quartermaster for the Lionguard, upon pain of death. Since then, he has blackmailed Heal-o-Tron to act as his spy on the Captain's Council.
Living World involvement
For previous dialogue, see here.
- Yeah? What do you want?
- Never mind. I can see you're busy.
Mini Angry Chest in inventory
- "How are you liking you angry chest purchase? They are a bit aggressive. I had to fire Krepet, he was responsible for this mess."
Why don't you open them?"
- "So much danger is involved with trying to open these things that I'm practically giving them away free."
- Krepet is now?
Do you know where
- "Last I heard he accepted a position with Brill Alliance Labs."
- Thanks for your time.
For previous quotes, see here.
- Lion's Arch Reborn
- During Evon's walk through Lion's Arch
- Captain Evon Gnashblade: Don't think I didn't notice they put their new headquarters right near the Crow's Nest.
- Captain Evon Gnashblade: Still can't believe I let that mouse beat me.
- Captain Evon Gnashblade: Look alive, you lot. Let's make some coin.
- Captain Evon Gnashblade: City would still be a crater without me. Where's my statue?
- Captain Evon Gnashblade: I can see why they made your building look like an octopus.
- Captain Evon Gnashblade: But who did they come to when they needed all this concrete? That's right...
- Captain Evon Gnashblade: If Magnus' goons can't protect my shipments, it only makes good business sense to recruit a force all my own.
- Captain Evon Gnashblade: Is there anyone in this city without a paw in my pockets?
- Gnashblade was the only vendor of Recipe: Maintenance Oil Station.