Noran's Safe Room
The entrance is an interactable wall of crates and barrels in the basement of Noran's house, in the same room as Noran himself. Enter from the ground-floor door, then proceed forwards until a ramp down. Go down the ramp, then turn left, and enter the storeroom. Walk up to the western wall and interact with it to enter. You must have the Key to Noran's Secret Chest in your inventory to enter.
|Search YouTube for videos related to It's a Trap (jumping puzzle).|
This area is fairly simple to navigate but filled with traps which can kill you. Along the floor and walls will be spike traps. Half way through the room will be a small chasm. Occasionally, a log will fall and knock you back. Keep following the right hand side and you will find a cliff to drop off of. The next room is filled with flame traps. Just keep following the right hand side.
The next trap is a narrow wooden bridge. Logs will drop down from above to attempt to knock you off. Stun breaks, blocks, aegis and stability will be helpful here. You can also dodge the logs if you time it right.
You will then see a chest on the ground. Interacting with it will start the Defeat the Cave Spider event where you will have to kill a Veteran Cave Spider. After defeating it, the gate in the back of the room will be opened and the chest can be looted.
Note: Sometimes the event will have already been activated but not completed or has been completed (within the past five minutes) [verification requested] giving you a free pass.
Loot the chest before you leave the room to obtain Noran's Key Oil. Using this item (by double-clicking on it within your inventory) will turn your Key to Noran's Secret Chest into a Noran's Oiled Chest Key which will allow you to open the chest at the very end of the puzzle.
The next room is a circle. Ultimately, you will want to reach the opposite end of it. There are two paths: the left side is covered in spider webs, and the right side has steam traps. It doesn't matter which path you choose, although the left is slightly safer. There is a fake path half way through that connects the two. Going in here is pointless. If you get disoriented, open your map. Once you reach the opposite end, go through the tunnel.
You will end up in a room of pillars, with wooden planks sticking out of them. You will have to cross the room by jumping on the planks to get on the other side. You can jump back to the beginning if you fall. Having Lean Techniques is useful but not required. Gliding is necessary for a few jumps. Specific instructions:
- Hug the left wall, walking over a wooden plank and jumping to an area on top of the water.
- Jump and glide from there, hugging the left wall, and land on the highest part of an outcropping. Then face south and glide past the first pillar (keeping on the right side of it) and land on a stone platform next to the second pillar.
- Jump and glide in the same direction to an outcropping. There are three wood planks forming a staircase; jump up these, then glide straight (south) to a wooden plank attached to the wall.
- Jump onto the large platform with a torch. Then face north-east, and jump or glide to the nearest wooden platform.
- Facing northeast, glide over a short pillar to a wooden platform. Make a short hop to the top of the pillar, then continue gliding northeast to the next short pillar.
- Face north, and glide to a stone platform just past a tall pillar. You may need to curve around the pillar. Finally, jump up to the wooden platform with torches.
The final room will be filled with falling rocks. Follow the left most wall and you will reach the chest. If you have not used oil yet, do so now in order to open the chest. Behind the chest is a portal which will take you back to the surface.
- There are many spike traps. If you're hit by one, just move forward out of its area, and wait for your character to recover. There are never multiple spikes in a row, so the area around a spike trap will always be safe.
- Spike traps on the floor are marked by a stone-brick texture, but spikes on the walls are not marked.
- All traps can be avoided by dodging through them, except for the swinging logs near the end of the puzzle.
- None of the traps are instant-death. The most damaging traps are the spikes, which also cripple.
- The mini-dungeon can be completed for rewards once per character per day.