Machined weapons are exotic level 80 weapons rewarded for completing an associated collection. These collections are unlocked when the associated Plated weapon is either purchased in Dragon's Stand from the Whispers Keeper or chosen from the Plated Weapon Cache in the Mordremoth Cache.
Acquiring these weapons is part of the Machined Weapons collection achievement.
Each collection requires the following:
- Plated weapon
- Airship-Grade <Weapon> Gear - purchased for 250 and 8 from Itzel Mastery Vendors
- Auric <Weapon> Shielding - purchased for 250 and 8 from Exalted Mastery Vendors
- Ley-Line <Weapon> Core - purchased for 250 and 8 from Nuhoch Mastery Vendors
- Charged <Weapon> Component (eg: Blade) - craft or purchase an oiled weapon component (regular variants do not work), and charge it at a place of power within Heart of Maguuma zones
- Machined <Weapon> Component (eg: Hilt) - randomly found in Noxious Pods throughout Dragon's Stand or in Mordremoth's Chest which appears after the completion of the meta-event Dragon's Stand (meta event)
- Acquiring a one-handed weapon costs a total of 350 + 350 + 350 + 2 + 24 (including the plated weapon, excluding the charged and machined parts).
- Acquiring a two-handed weapon costs a total of 400 + 400 + 400 + 3 + 24 (including the plated weapon, excluding the charged and machined parts).
- Acquiring the whole machined weapon collection costs a total of 5,900 + 5,900 + 5,900 + 38 + 3 84 (including the plated weapons, excluding the charged and machined parts).
- Machined weapons are a component of many specialization weapon collections.
- All machined weapons have the choking damage type.
- Machined weapons will remain as account bound even after equipping them on a character.
- Using a place of power to charge a weapon component will simultaneously charge all relevant components in your inventory.
- When collecting a machined weapon component from the Dragon's Stand Meta Chest, only one random piece will be awarded at a time but it is guaranteed where as the noxious pods have only a small chance of dropping the item. If a player has multiple Machined Weapon collections open at one time, it will give a random piece from the player's current open collections that they have not yet received.