Eastern Ward (Memory of Old Lion's Arch)
From Guild Wars 2 WikiJump to navigationJump to search
This article is about the Memory of Old Lion's Arch version. For the modern version, see Eastern Ward. For historical information about the area, see Eastern Ward/historical.
Location within Memory of Old Lion's Arch
- Memory of Old Lion's Arch
- Connects to
- Postern Ward (E)
Trader's Forum (W)
Grand Piazza (SW)
Inner Harbor (S)
Click to enlarge.
The Eastern Ward is a section of Memory of Old Lion's Arch.
Locations and objectives
- Eastern Ward Waypoint —
- Melydiod's nectar bar
- The Old Gangplank
- Traveler: I made my fortune as a merchant, and now I'm ready to retire.
- Citizen: I always figured you'd go into politics, maybe even try for a seat on the council.
- Traveler: Not interested. I just want to sit back and enjoy what I've earned.
- Citizen (charr 1): My son is fighting in the pit again.
- Citizen (charr 2): About damn time! You gotta raise these kids right.
- Citizen (charr 1): What're you looking at?
- Citizen (charr 2): I'm starin' at you, punk.
- Citizen (charr 1): You tryin' to start somethin'? You gotta problem?
- Citizen (charr 2): Yeah. Humans and sylvari don't put up much of a fight.
- Citizen (1): My guild is being ruined by all the drama going on.
- Citizen (2): Which guild is that?
- Citizen (1): The Traveling Thespians.
- Citizen (charr 1): You know, I wanna raise my kid like we did in Blood Legion, but it's tough.
- Citizen (charr 2): Yeah, we need more fahrars here. Who's gonna train our kids?
- Citizen (charr 1): I could train him at home, but he needs to grow up with a warband.
- Citizen (charr 2): If he's hanging out with sylvari and asura, he's gonna be weak.
- Citizen (charr 1): But he still has to know how to trade with them, right? He's gotta work with them.
- Citizen (charr 2): No one said living here was gonna be easy.
- Citizen (charr 1): I'm taking the asura gate back to the Black Citadel.
- Citizen (charr 2): That ain't cheap. You taking your kid back home?
- Citizen (charr 1): Yeah, I want him to see what a charr city looks like.
- Citizen (charr 2): But he still needs a warband. Cubs are gonna pick fights with him left and right.
- Citizen (charr 1): That's the idea. He's gonna see what life was like for his old man.
- Citizen (1): Have you heard any news about Logan Thackeray lately?
- Citizen (2): No. I assume he's still sitting by the queen's side.
- Citizen (1): That's where I would be if I was him.
- Citizen (1): I heard Caithe was in town the other day.
- Citizen (2): Really? Did you actually see her?
- Citizen (1): You never see Caithe unless she wants you to.
- Guard (1): Ever been to a moot?
- Guard (2): I loved it!
- Guard (1): Oh, the norn stories, resounding and bold, powerful and visceral.
- Guard (2): The fights, the ale, the drunken stumbling in the snow, and the wily yaks.
- Guard (1): Vipers. That's the way to do it.
- Guard (2): Are you still angry at him?
- Guard (1): Of course. How can I get vipers?
- Guard (2): I don't know. Let's talk about something else.
- By the Lost Grotto
- Whisper's Agent (1): I've acquired a valuable scroll. Should I keep it, sell it, or turn it in to the Priory?
- Whisper's Agent (2): Why not make duplicates and do all three?
- Whisper's Agent (1): I've got some Ash Legion charr lined up for a dice game.
- Whisper's Agent (2): Do you want the ones that always come up odd, or even?
- Whisper's Agent (1): Both. I'm not sure how I want the game to go yet.
- Whispers Agent: Hello! You're new around here, aren't you? What do you know?
- Scholar: I have spent my entire life pursuing knowledge. I know many, many things.
- Whispers Agent: Let's start with things that are interesting to me.
- Whispers Agent: [talking to herself] I don't like working here. I feel exposed, vulnerable.
- Whispers Agent: Don't show it. There's nothing more conspicuous than trying to be inconspicuous.
- There was originally a nectar bar next to the Eastern Ward waypoint, but this was destroyed during Scarlet's attack on the city and has not yet been rebuilt.